upgrading palantine CFW to rxtools CFW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Le_Zouave, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Le_Zouave
    OP

Le_Zouave Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2015
    France
    I didn't touch my old 3DS XL for many month and I discovered yesterday that there was some new CFW.
    So I have my O3DS XL on 4.5, with emunand 4.5 and big blue menu.

So I tried to install rxtools 2.6
    I read many tutorial and I think I can pass all the step to create an emunand as I already have an emunand.
    I moved the files at the root of my sdcard (arm9.bin and stuff like that) and put the 3 files needed for rxtools. I go on launcher.rxtools.net with the browser, it launch rxtools, I go in the menu with R, but when I try to boot rxtools on emunand or sysnand, I still boot on sysnand without rxtools.

This is where I need your help, if possible I want to keep my actual emunand and be able to launch rxtools. If another CFW is easier and better I'm open to any suggestion.

I don't have any linker, so in the end I want to use the ds profile hack to boot CFW (I believe it's called now MSET, so I have the MSET used for Palantine CFW).

Yes I know, if I do all the step from the beginning it would work but the emunand that I created for palantine seems to be the same that the one needed for rxtools.

2. Cavioe

Cavioe GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2015
    United States
    Palatine used rednand. Use the multi-emunand tool which will convert your rednand to an emunand. To use it you will just click "extract nand" then "inject emunand". This will convert it when it injects it back.

3. Le_Zouave
    OP

Le_Zouave Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2015
    France
    Thank you Cavioe, are you talking about this tool?

4. Cavioe

Cavioe GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2015
    United States
    Yup thats the one.

5. Le_Zouave
    OP

Le_Zouave Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2015
    France
    this worked perfectly but the tool is a little confusing because it don't say on which drive letter it will act and on the lower part of the tool it show many drive except your SD in order to format to emunand.
    Anyway, rednand dumped and re injected as emunand!
    I booted on rxmode, I unlinked the sysnand and emunand, updated emunand and I installed mset with code.bin generated by webmultiloader.

Many part on rxtools tutorials (most of them are not up to date) are deceiving, it tell to launch cdn_firm.exe while only cdn_firm.py is provided (ok you just have to install python) and it tell you to use rxinstaller.bin while only rxinstaller.nds is provided...

But finaly it's working now. thank you Cavioe for the point I missed.