FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have used 5.50 GEN for a while now and it has been frustrating. Almost all of the games freeze here and there and some are even worse. I have heard so much good stuff from 6.39 PRO B8 but I never wanted to attempt to upgrade because I heard it needs a 32/64GB memory stick. If that is true then ignore my request for help in upgrading my PSP 1000 to 6.39 PRO B8.

Ok so far to start off so I can get the proper help I will tell you what I have.

PSP 1000 model and is on latest 5.50 GEN which is Prome -4 I believe.

I have a few memory sticks full of games and I am worried the saves might get corrupted so is it possible to upgrade using a 1GB memory stick?

Also please clear this up for me.... how much memory does the firmware use? I swear I have seen and heard it was 32GB or something. I do not have a 64GB memory stick.

Thanks for the help if anybody wishes to provide it.

Also I want to make it permanent. Unless it is easy to get it back. Let us stick with permanent though I am the lazy type to redo the hack.

matt1freek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
where did you get this information?
AFAIK all you need to do is upgrade to 6.39 OFW then run the 6.39 PRO eboot. then the update then the patcher to keep it on.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - You want the hacking section.

2 - The thing you MAY have seen about needing a 64GB memory stick and such was a joke thread made by me way before any actual 6.x CFWs existed, it was a joke thread in the EoF and was full of all sorts of bullshit info. Since I removed the info from the actual thread (as people kept thinking it was real), here's a copy to confirm it.

CFW 6.31 RYD-1
  • Installable up to OFW 6.31.
    You do not need a pandora battery or any specific game, this is a "pure" exploit of XMB functions.
  • Compatible with PSP 1000/2000/3000, all motherboard revisions.
    I do not have a Go to test on, so while the installer will run on the Go (to prove the exploit), it will refuse to install for safety reasons. If you want it working, feel free to send one (or two) my way to test on. I do NOT recommend hacking the installer to run (EBOOT.PBP, 0x63E, 00 -> 01) until an official release, because if it bricks your Go you're out of luck.
  • Runs all games from every region as of 9/1/2010, no patching needed.
    I've implemented automatic patching of possible protection methods I haven't seen used yet, so this should continue to run new games (until Sony decides to rip this apart, find what I've patched against, and develop entirely new protection methods... or pull another 6.x, requiring functions the current kernel doesn't have). These "forward patching" methods can be disabled in the VSH menu individually, and all game patches are actually interpreted from text files (/PSP/SYSTEM/FPATCHES/), so if I stop development others can continue to update the game patching freely.
  • Runs 1.5 homebrew, 5.XX homebrew, and 6.XX homebrew.
    GAME150, GAME5XX, and the GAME6XX folder. The standard GAME folder is 5.XX by default, at least for now.
  • Support for a new, way smaller game format.
    Unscrambled Compressed ISO (.USO), basically unscrambles the game's files and places them in a logical order so they can be properly compressed. This can save 25-50% more space than a CSO, without the loading problems for FMVs and such. There's also the option to re-encode the FMVs, either with a lower bitrate (lowers the quality just a bit, but cuts off ~20% of the FMV's filesize), or at half resolution with pixel doubling (which makes the FMV noticeably blurrier, but cuts it down to 1/4th the normal size!) The included program (UCSO) will handle conversion between ISO/CSO/USO, including the video encoding options. (Thank Wiimm for the ideas and info, I totally stole the idea from him! X3)
  • Includes a custom version of POPS.
    I included fixes and updates in an attempt to make it work with as many games as possible, though lord knows I didn't try them all (just the most troubling ones that never seemed to play right on the same POPS version). It should still be way better than stock, and mostly eliminate the need for POPSloader and keeping all those old POPS versions around. If you find a game that no longer works, report which POPS version it works with... though if it's some obscure japanese-only game only 5 people have played, I might not bother.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FlashX007 said:
Will CWCheats still work or is there something better like it for 6.39?

TempAR works great for me

And about the 64GB memory stick, I always thought 64GB doesn't work on PSP
Someone tried it once with 2 32GB microSD and a photofast adapter, and the PSP only showed 32 GB or something

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am looking and I am beyond confused on this stuff to be honest.

I have to downgrade? I don't get that if 6.39 is the latest OFW then wouldn't that be upgrading? I am on 5.50 Prome -4.

Very confused on how to begin.

EDIT: Oh and forget about that I was fixated on that which made me not want to upgrade 'till now. If 6.39 provides an improvement in game compatibility I want in.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
RoMee said:
FlashX007 said:
Will CWCheats still work or is there something better like it for 6.39?

TempAR works great for me

And about the 64GB memory stick, I always thought 64GB doesn't work on PSP
Someone tried it once with 2 32GB microSD and a photofast adapter, and the PSP only showed 32 GB or something
Most likely because he forgot to format his memory stick after plugging inn both. A friend of mine have 2 32GB on a photofast adapter and working competely fine.. just long loading time(bout 4-6 seconds) when he press on games because of over 40GB being used.

@Flash: And why 6.39.. The 6.39 cant be permament as far as i know. Why not the 6.20 which can actually be permament?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==