Hacking upgrading from 3.60 to 3.65

shantaelover69420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am attempting to update my PSVita from 3.60 enso to 3.65 henkaku, and I'm a bit confused. I uninstalled the plugins and removed their entries from the config.txt files. Now it says I'm running 3.69 (which was what I version spoofed before I did this so I assume that should be right) But when I go to uninstall enso from the enso app, I get a Henkaku out of date error. And attempting to go to the link to reinstall the R10 doesn't work. Another thing is that the DNS trick isn't allowing me to update to 3.65. Am I stuck? I really hope I'm not, I thought I followed all the steps correctly! Another thing is that while homebrew *seems* to be uninstalled, I can use sd2vita just fine and vitashell still works.

Last edited by shantaelover69420,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am attempting to update my PSVita from 3.60 enso to 3.65 henkaku, and I'm a bit confused. I uninstalled the plugins and removed their entries from the config.txt files. Now it says I'm running 3.69 (which was what I version spoofed before I did this so I assume that should be right) But when I go to uninstall enso from the enso app, I get a Henkaku out of date error. And attempting to go to the link to reinstall the R10 doesn't work. Another thing is that the DNS trick isn't allowing me to update to 3.65. Am I stuck? I really hope I'm not, I thought I followed all the steps correctly! Another thing is that while homebrew *seems* to be uninstalled, I can use sd2vita just fine and vitashell still works.
Thanks to compatibility packs which lets you play ps vita games that require firmwares higher than 3.60, there is no longer a need to upgrade from 3.60 to 3.65.

shantaelover69420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay then. I hopefully can undo this by re-downloading the plugins I deleted. So how would I go about obtaining the plugins I deleted? Is there an archive I can redownload the necessary libraries from?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay then. I hopefully can undo this by re-downloading the plugins I deleted. So how would I go about obtaining the plugins I deleted? Is there an archive I can redownload the necessary libraries from?
Did you make a backup of your plugins on a pc before deleting them? if not then try to remember what plugins you had and i can try to help you from there.

shantaelover69420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you make a backup of your plugins on a pc before deleting them? if not then try to remember what plugins you had and i can try to help you from there.

I didn't make a backup :shy: (probably should start actually doing that, ya never know)
But the ones I remember were primarily the ones included in the exploit and one more for adrenaline. These plugins are needed so that the system will boot into the CFW, correct?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't make a backup :shy: (probably should start actually doing that, ya never know)
But the ones I remember were primarily the ones included in the exploit and one more for adrenaline. These plugins are needed so that the system will boot into the CFW, correct?
It sounds like you would need to turn spoofing off temporarily so the vita recognizes that it is on firmware 3.60. Also while in vitashell try the refresh live area and refresh licenses features. As for adrenaline do you remember the version of adrenaline that you have and also do you still have a folder called "pspemu"? If possible it would help if you can remember the plugin names.

shantaelover69420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. The plugins deleted removed the homebrew options, replacing it with a normal lookin update menu :angry:
2. I'll try refreshing.
3. Adrenaline version is 6.61, and I do have a pspemu folder.
I'll try looking for a backup, it's unlikely but maybe I still have one somewhere. Thanks for helpin me out through this, I'm a bit nervous bc I spent 200 bucks on this vita and for it to have lost its CFW capabilities would be heartbreaking :cry:

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. The plugins deleted removed the homebrew options, replacing it with a normal lookin update menu :angry:
2. I'll try refreshing.
3. Adrenaline version is 6.61, and I do have a pspemu folder.
I'll try looking for a backup, it's unlikely but maybe I still have one somewhere. Thanks for helpin me out through this, I'm a bit nervous bc I spent 200 bucks on this vita and for it to have lost its CFW capabilities would be heartbreaking :cry:
Just want to make sure if you at least have the option to turn off firmware spoofing. If so turn off firmware spoofing, try to uninstall enso, go into the web browser to reinstall regular henkaku, and from there reinstall the enso portion of henkaku.

shantaelover69420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't access firmware spoofing, the menu to access it got deleted and replaced with system update.
Another odd thing I found is that I tried Bunny must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils, a game that didn't work on my firmware, and it still doesnt work. So the problem simply lies in I have to get my plugins back, and turn off firmware spoofing.

Last edited by shantaelover69420,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't access firmware spoofing, the menu to access it got deleted and replaced with system update.
Another odd thing I found is that I tried Bunny must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils, a game that didn't work on my firmware, and it still doesnt work. So the problem simply lies in I have to get my plugins back, and turn off firmware spoofing.
Can you remove the sd2vita and restart your system and then go to system settings and let me know what firmware it says you are on.

Last edited by cvskid,

shantaelover69420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I'm reading this correctly:
Without the sd2vita it displays the ps logo, and while it's in it should display the molecule logo to show it's running the CFW. But the CFW is still loading, right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok I checked, and it is running 3.60. All the homebrew stuff is gone, and I'm not gonna lie, had a little heart attack when everything I had homebrewed was gone. Since it's on 3.60, I can go to https://henkaku.org/go and reinstall the homebrew, right? Sorry again if i'm bugging ya, I just want to be sure!

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I'm reading this correctly:
Without the sd2vita it displays the ps logo, and while it's in it should display the molecule logo to show it's running the CFW. But the CFW is still loading, right?
Right. Also a alternative is to find the file boot_config.txt and move it to a random folder, the Molecullar/enso logo will disappear when restarting the ps vita and enso will be temporarily disabled until put back in its normal spot, that is if you still have acess to vitashell.

Last edited by cvskid,

shantaelover69420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just reinstalled enso, but nothing happened. The enso, moleculeshell and application storage manager apps appear, but my old apps dont. Should I reinstall vitashell and refresh licenses and liveaura?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just reinstalled enso, but nothing happened. The enso, moleculeshell and application storage manager apps appear, but my old apps dont. Should I reinstall vitashell and refresh licenses and liveaura?
Right. Also once that is done go to google and type in "adrenaline 6.7" which is the newest version of adrenaline and install it like you would reguarlly install adrenaline. If you can't access anything go to https://henkaku.xyz/ so henkaku can be reinstalled from there.

Last edited by cvskid,

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe u can start up molecularshell and press start or select and reload taihen and should bring back Henkaku in options. If not go to website or molecular shell and on boot screen it has option to reinstall.
Always make sure to set spoof back to what firmware u are on and turn spoof off when uninstalling so it doesn’t cause update conflicts. I’ve had similar issue where hack was part gone and thought I was on stock firmware of what I was spoofing. I got Henkaku back in options how I suggested above

I was on 3.60 and had this happen and spoof 3.65. Then Henkaku gone from options and system firm said 3.65. So I couldn’t goto Henkaku site and install it cause it thought I was on 3.65. But vita still acted like partly hacked vita. I was able to get Henkaku back and system firm said 3.60 jap symbols again.

Last edited by Tri-Z,
Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so Ive got everything working, except now my PSVita doesn't detect my sd2vita anymore. Should a reboot fix this? Or should I reinstall vitashell? Or perhaps I should update to 3.65 enso compatible?
Download and install a program called "autoplugin" which will be in .vpk format. Look for version 3.57. Using that will help auto install a plugin called PSVita-StorageMgr which should setup your sd2vita again.

Last edited by cvskid,

shantaelover69420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That did the trick, and I got all of my games and themes back. Thanks for the help!
20181123_102400.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1