Upgrading bootloader

WOLVERINE777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have recently updated my kefir and firmware to be able to run the latest FAR for example. While everything works perfectly on microsd that I have used for the update, when I insert another card (with an old version of bootloader etc), obviously I receive a message "old nyx GUI found" etc... This means I have to upgrade software on my old card, while it is not clear how am I supposed to do that. Problem is I have lots of other games on that older card, and I don't want to reinstall them. What is the best way to upgrade a bootloader? I have tried just to copy a bootloader folder from my "working" card, but it did not work. Thanks a lot!

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
The update you performed on your working SD card is also the one you have to apply on the older one.
Grab your latest updated CFW files and paste them on the root of your SD card form a PC then you should be good to go.

Reactions: Gep_Etto

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You don't have to touch your installed games. Just copy the content of the newest Hekate release to your SD card, overwriting the old files, and you're golden.

WOLVERINE777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't have to touch your installed games. Just copy the content of the newest Hekate release to your SD card, overwriting the old files, and you're golden.
Thanks a lot! However in the latest hekate today (hekate_ctcaer_5.7.2_Nyx_1.2.2) there's only 'bootloader' folder and hekate_ctcaer_5.7.2.bin file. Should I just paste bootloader onto my old sd card? What about .bin file?

Thanks again for the help...

WOLVERINE777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No way it's not working... After I copy a newest bootloader on an "old" microsd and put it back to switch, everything seems to be ok until I press the Atmosphere icon and I then I have this: 2022-03-28 22-31-15.JPG
Then when I re-insert my "proper" microSD (the one that I used to upgrade my switch to the latest kefir) - everything is perfect - I do have that kind of loader: 2022-03-28 22-32-10.JPG

Make sense since the kefir versions are different...

So it's not only a bootloader problem, right?

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No way it's not working... After I copy a newest bootloader on an "old" microsd and put it back to switch, everything seems to be ok until I press the Atmosphere icon and I then I have this: View attachment 303707
Then when I re-insert my "proper" microSD (the one that I used to upgrade my switch to the latest kefir) - everything is perfect - I do have that kind of loader: View attachment 303709

Make sense since the kefir versions are different...

So it's not only a bootloader problem, right?

When you update Atmosphère, you should uninstall any themes you happen to be using. You can reinstall them after the update. Maybe that's it.

WOLVERINE777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When you update Atmosphère, you should uninstall any themes you happen to be using. You can reinstall them after the update. Maybe that's it.
Thanks, but the thing is I do not use any themes whatsoever. Just basic settings from the moment I have bought my console...

WOLVERINE777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not a theme. It's a splash screen being booted up as their selection to boot cfw is made.

To Op, did you update to 14.0
Nope, I just copied the newest bootloader to an "old" microSD as suggested earlier. I believe that, yes, I must upgrade to 14.0 - but how can I do that? Thanks a lot for the help.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Can anyone please help me?
First...stop using aio packs. Download the latest atmosphere and hekate from here and here. Download the latest sigpatches from here. Is your hekate_ipl.ini "correctly configured"? The fusee-secondary stuff doesn't exist anymore. It is called package3 now. Can you post your .ini file here?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn’t say anything about your console. Is it chipped? What kind of chip? What firmware does it use? If it’s some version of spacecraft firmware, then rename the .bin to payload.bin and put it in the root of the card. Do you use an RCM loader? Then rename the bin to payload.bin and replace what’s on the RCM loader.

the one giving you an error needs the latest Atmosphere (which does NOT have a bootloader folder).

really, just copy BOTH the atmosphere and bootloader folders from the working card to the non-working card.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of all the atmosphere releases has a bootloader folder. This is from hekate (or is hekate).
That’s what I just said, genius… you need BOTH. ALWAYS. Hekate isn’t a CFW, it’s a loader. Not only that, but the OP posted a pic of the problem, that literally says there’s a problem with loading atmosphere/package3. Here asking about a bootloader, but the root problem is that this person doesn’t have a clue what the problem is. All because of using yet another dumbass AIO pack.

Last edited by urherenow,

WOLVERINE777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, in fact the problem was solved just by copying all folders from the "updated" card (except 'Nintendo' folder) to "old" cards. That's it. No need to update anything or whatsoever. Now everything works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.