Hacking Upgrading a softmodded 3.1U Wii

mikebone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched all of the forums and could not find a definitive answer. I have now used Wii Softmodding for Dummies v4.1 to softmod 3 Wii's and on the first 2 there were 3.2U and 3.3U firmwares. I did one last night that had 3.1U and I am now having issues loading quite a few games. I would like to know if there is a way to upgrade to 3.3U after running the softmod. Again, I did search the forums and was unable to find what I felt was a current up to date answer. All of the threads were started in 2008 and seem to be pretty out of date. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also, by the way, YES I AM A NOOB!!!

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikebone said:
I searched all of the forums and could not find a definitive answer. I have now used Wii Softmodding for Dummies v4.1 to softmod 3 Wii's and on the first 2 there were 3.2U and 3.3U firmwares. I did one last night that had 3.1U and I am now having issues loading quite a few games. I would like to know if there is a way to upgrade to 3.3U after running the softmod. Again, I did search the forums and was unable to find what I felt was a current up to date answer. All of the threads were started in 2008 and seem to be pretty out of date. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also, by the way, YES I AM A NOOB!!!

You may be a noob, but this IS an issue. I have the same issue. I have two Wii consoles....one originally 3.1U and one originally 3.4U. I performed the exact same softmod to 4.1 on both...same way and all. But, the 3.1U system has game loading (and returning to menu) issues....while the 3.4U system is fine. I am currently running multiple tests to see what I can do to fix it...

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 3.1u and I have no issues at all loading any games.

Early on I installed ios 37, 38, 53, and 55, manually through wad manager. I don't know if some of those were already on my system or not, but short of the standard stuff, that's all I've ever done. I actually did it to get wiiware working, but ya, 60+ games, no problems with any.

edit: not familiar with the guide you used, and to lazy to look it up. If you're saying you upgraded to 4.1, then no clue. I'm a firm believer in the "why upgrade..?" ideology.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't understand what ur sayin either. R u on 4.1 or 3.1? I've never heard of Taft guide so I don't know what you've done. If u just want to upgrade to lateest firmware use waninkoko 4.1 updater and ull be good

not sure but anyregionchanger may be able to upgrade to 3.3u . But it's stupid to be on 3.3 when u can doo all same stuff on 4.1

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have just been testing the ability to upgrade a 3.1U system using new methods in the various new guides posted around here (uber, Ultimate 4.0 guide..etc) and all of them turn out the same result. Issues with games either not loading at all or loading and not being able to return to the menu.

Now, I have tested the exact same guides using a 3.4U system and everything works just fine. Just odd....not sure why 3.1U causes a problem. As a matter of fact, if I upgrade the 3.1U system straight to 4.1U (using Waninkoko OR the official update) and attempt the mod (using TBR, then cIOS install), it STILL has the same problems.

The old method I used (bannerbomb, IOS16 install (for trucha), cios_fix, IOS downgrader, cIOS install, waninkoko firmware 4.0 update, and finally IOS60 patch) DOES work fine on this system menu however...and all games work perfectly.

But the real question is....WHY? It probably does not make a difference to anyone else, but I am trying to tackle this issue should I ever come across another 3.1U system to mod. Sure, I can use the old method I have always been using, but the new methods/guides are so much quicker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1