Hacking Upgrading 3.1E to 3.2E without Wi-Fi

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well, according to this topic http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113951 ... you can download an iso file containing the 3.2E update, then extracting it from it with WiiScrubber, putting the wad files onto WAD folder at SD card, and launching them off.. Which would supposedly install 3.2E successfully. Does anyone know anything about this, and is it safe ?

If it's safe... Will this mean I have to install all hacks again ? Including HBC.. Because I do not have TP anymore...

Any input would be appreciated ;o

D

Deleted User

Distrance said:
Well, according to this topic http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113951 ... you can download an iso file containing the 3.2E update, then extracting it from it with WiiScrubber, putting the wad files onto WAD folder at SD card, and launching them off.. Which would supposedly install 3.2E successfully. Does anyone know anything about this, and is it safe ?

If it's safe... Will this mean I have to install all hacks again ? Including HBC.. Because I do not have TP anymore...

Any input would be appreciated ;o

Okay,

Bold 1:I believe it will work, but I'm afraid of using this method (Meddling with SYSMENU IOS:unsure:) (Then again, it's the higher rank people who did post that, so it's confirmed working, but still...) . Or find a disc with a 3.2 update, ask around here.

Bold 2:No, your hbc will stay safe on any firmware, but not many hacks works on the latest firmware.

EDIT: Invalid information

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yep, but supposedly this installs 3.2 which is needed for Starfall atleast.. So all hacks required to play WiiWare, VC and Backuplauncers should still work after installing this, right ?

Anyway.. It doesn't specify.. But any idea where do I need to extract the WAD files to from the iso file ? I put them to my WAD folder to install with WadManager, but should it be done with something else perhaps ? Also do I install the ios update first, and then system menu.. as it says on the topic ?

I know I could find disc with 3.2 update, but since I don't have modchip.. It would require me to buy the legit copy anyway I think... since the backuplaunchers skip update check :/

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yea I think this is Bushing's disc ? As it was listed somewhere on his site or something...

Anyway.. can't I just burn the iso file into disc and boot it with backuplauncher or something to install the update, or do I really have to extract the .wad files and then install them through WadManager ?

Do I need to extract any other files into my SD card besides the Ios.wad and System Menu.wad files ? I'm really afraid of doing this xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I have lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I havent watched Brotherhood yet
    It was watchable, not sure what my favorite Anime is hmmm
    Castlevania or Baki probably
    Robotech was good
    DBZ I liked up until Cell after that it got too weird
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og series
    Oh also loved Vanhellsing
    And Vanhellsing abridged lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking