Upgrading 3.1E to 3.2E without Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Distrance, Dec 5, 2008.

Dec 5, 2008
  1. Distrance
    OP

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Well, according to this topic http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113951 ... you can download an iso file containing the 3.2E update, then extracting it from it with WiiScrubber, putting the wad files onto WAD folder at SD card, and launching them off.. Which would supposedly install 3.2E successfully. Does anyone know anything about this, and is it safe ?

If it's safe... Will this mean I have to install all hacks again ? Including HBC.. Because I do not have TP anymore...

Any input would be appreciated ;o

2. afif95

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
    Okay,

Bold 1:I believe it will work, but I'm afraid of using this method (Meddling with SYSMENU IOS:unsure:) (Then again, it's the higher rank people who did post that, so it's confirmed working, but still...) . Or find a disc with a 3.2 update, ask around here.

Bold 2:No, your hbc will stay safe on any firmware, but not many hacks works on the latest firmware.

EDIT: Invalid information

3. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    Yep, but supposedly this installs 3.2 which is needed for Starfall atleast.. So all hacks required to play WiiWare, VC and Backuplauncers should still work after installing this, right ?

Anyway.. It doesn't specify.. But any idea where do I need to extract the WAD files to from the iso file ? I put them to my WAD folder to install with WadManager, but should it be done with something else perhaps ? Also do I install the ios update first, and then system menu.. as it says on the topic ?

I know I could find disc with 3.2 update, but since I don't have modchip.. It would require me to buy the legit copy anyway I think... since the backuplaunchers skip update check :/

4. Arm the Homeless

Member Arm the Homeless Custom Title

United States
    I did the update via WADs.

Use bushing's semi-brick fix disk.

5. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    Yea I think this is Bushing's disc ? As it was listed somewhere on his site or something...

Anyway.. can't I just burn the iso file into disc and boot it with backuplauncher or something to install the update, or do I really have to extract the .wad files and then install them through WadManager ?

Do I need to extract any other files into my SD card besides the Ios.wad and System Menu.wad files ? I'm really afraid of doing this xD