Upgraded to B9S; Experiencing System Crashes

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Jay L, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Jay L
    OP

Jay L Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2013
    United States
    Hey,
    A few days ago I followed the page on 3ds.guide for upgrading to B9S (think I also updated luma at the same time) and when I was done with that I finally upgraded to the latest firmware version from 10.2
    Since then I've experienced a few system crashes, most or all occurred while using homebrew apps. Basically I get kicked to a black screen, the last time the message said something about an error with arm11 core 0 and that it saved a file somewhere with a report of the crash, it then powers the system down. Sorry I cant be more specific; since I can't replicate a crash I don't remember everything that was in the error message or can even be sure if the message was the same every instance (occued maybe 3 or 4 times since going through with the aforementioned upgrades a few days ago).
    Basically trying to figure out if there's something wrong with my set up or if this has been happening to other people too. BTW problem is on a new 3ds if it matters.

Thanks.

2. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Known issue with luma 8.0 that we have to deal with for now

Wait for an update

3. Trojaner

Trojaner GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2017
    Australia
    Moon
  4. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    I have some crashes sometimes when simply opening the rosalina menu when a 3DS game is running

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Rosalina is buggy, however I believe you can still run Homebrew Launcher without using Rosalina by using hblauncher_loader (and not setting the homebrew title to hblauncher_loader), which should work fine, although you miss out on some of the benefits of Rosalina.
    Generally you should use CIA homebrew when possible, since they launch faster and have more access to the system (not sure if Rosalina changes any of that though), and are more stable, though not all homebrew is available in CIA format. There is a tool to convert .3dsx to .cia but not all homebrew works with it, worth a try though.

6. bobdamnit

bobdamnit GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2014
    United States
    How? I was getting crashes on every homebrew app, whether CIA or not. Updated to the latest nightly, disabled exception vectors, and now they just reboot the system after crashing.

7. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    weird, i have been using v8.0 since it was released and did not get any crashes from homebrew apps yet.

i'll try it out later again though after i updated to b9s v1.2 as i am still on the first release of b9s.