Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
A few days ago I followed the page on 3ds.guide for upgrading to B9S (think I also updated luma at the same time) and when I was done with that I finally upgraded to the latest firmware version from 10.2
Since then I've experienced a few system crashes, most or all occurred while using homebrew apps. Basically I get kicked to a black screen, the last time the message said something about an error with arm11 core 0 and that it saved a file somewhere with a report of the crash, it then powers the system down. Sorry I cant be more specific; since I can't replicate a crash I don't remember everything that was in the error message or can even be sure if the message was the same every instance (occued maybe 3 or 4 times since going through with the aforementioned upgrades a few days ago).
Basically trying to figure out if there's something wrong with my set up or if this has been happening to other people too. BTW problem is on a new 3ds if it matters.

Thanks.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey,
A few days ago I followed the page on 3ds.guide for upgrading to B9S (think I also updated luma at the same time) and when I was done with that I finally upgraded to the latest firmware version from 10.2
Since then I've experienced a few system crashes, most or all occurred while using homebrew apps. Basically I get kicked to a black screen, the last time the message said something about an error with arm11 core 0 and that it saved a file somewhere with a report of the crash, it then powers the system down. Sorry I cant be more specific; since I can't replicate a crash I don't remember everything that was in the error message or can even be sure if the message was the same every instance (occued maybe 3 or 4 times since going through with the aforementioned upgrades a few days ago).
Basically trying to figure out if there's something wrong with my set up or if this has been happening to other people too. BTW problem is on a new 3ds if it matters.

Thanks.
Rosalina is buggy, however I believe you can still run Homebrew Launcher without using Rosalina by using hblauncher_loader (and not setting the homebrew title to hblauncher_loader), which should work fine, although you miss out on some of the benefits of Rosalina.
Generally you should use CIA homebrew when possible, since they launch faster and have more access to the system (not sure if Rosalina changes any of that though), and are more stable, though not all homebrew is available in CIA format. There is a tool to convert .3dsx to .cia but not all homebrew works with it, worth a try though.

D

Deleted-351540

Rosalina is buggy, however I believe you can still run Homebrew Launcher without using Rosalina by using hblauncher_loader (and not setting the homebrew title to hblauncher_loader), which should work fine, although you miss out on some of the benefits of Rosalina.
Generally you should use CIA homebrew when possible, since they launch faster and have more access to the system (not sure if Rosalina changes any of that though), and are more stable, though not all homebrew is available in CIA format. There is a tool to convert .3dsx to .cia but not all homebrew works with it, worth a try though.
How? I was getting crashes on every homebrew app, whether CIA or not. Updated to the latest nightly, disabled exception vectors, and now they just reboot the system after crashing.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
weird, i have been using v8.0 since it was released and did not get any crashes from homebrew apps yet.

i'll try it out later again though after i updated to b9s v1.2 as i am still on the first release of b9s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill