Hacking upgraded to 4.3 from 4.2 by daughter

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Need more info then that. are you even having any problems?

On a normal console the upgrade would just remove your softmod and you'd have to rehack it. but if you had a region changed wii you could have some serious issues.

Azstang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have more problems. The console is unable to read discs and I can't play any games from the HD.

I had a friend hack this for me. So sorry that I don't understand the hacking process.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's two people in two days who've had a family member update their wii on them...(the other is here). what guide did you follow that doesn't have you install priiloader and enable the 'block updates' hacks?

...check out modmii (link in my sig). download, install, run the wizard....

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azstang said:
Yes, I have more problems. The console is unable to read discs and I can't play any games from the HD.

I had a friend hack this for me. So sorry that I don't understand the hacking process.
Retail or backups?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azstang said:
It won't play either retail or backups
do you (still) have HBC (home brew channel)?
...or do you have bootmii/boot2? (does the drive light give you two quick flashes during the boot process)
...or do you have any forwarder channels? (a channel installed by whomever modded you wii which launch apps like a usb loader or neogamma from you main menu)

without disc loading, you gonna need one of these three to get rolling again (since your on 4.3)....

why did your daughter update? ...was it because it wasn't playing discs...or did it stop playing discs after the update?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azstang said:
When I select the USB loader it just shows the USB loader screen
does the channel still load the usb loader screen if you have the hard drive unplugged and remove the SD Card or does it just reload the system menu? (this will determine if its a forwarder channel or if it's installed directly on the wii)...

did you check for the HBC on all four pages of the system menu? (usually when i do a mod for someone, i move HBC to page 4)....

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have lost the homebrew channel during the upgrade (old version) and still have a forwarder channel like USB loader and since your cannot read retail discs then your going to have to usb loader channel to launch the hackmii installer.
You need to get the 1.0.8 hackmii installer and copy the boot.elf file into the sd:\\apps\"usb loader directory path"\ directory - rename the boot.dol file there to boot.dol1 or something like that. then launch the usb loader channel and wait for the hackmii installer to start and re-install THC
Then we can get futher info from a syscheck to see what needs to happen next.
Use modmii to get the files.
Hopefully you have a PC/Laptop with a SD card reader.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c'mon bosman, the OP says he doesn't understand the hacking process (post #3), then you throw that at him....i can imagine that all went right over his head....

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
brausm08 said:
c'mon bosman, the OP says he doesn't understand the hacking process (post #3), then you throw that at him....i can imagine that all went right over his head....

I read that, I tried to make it as simple as possible, but if the OP can't do that, then he is going to have to wait for his friend to come and sort it out for him.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Azstang said:
I'm hopefully getting there. I just got the BATHAXX file on the Sd card

You won't need that..... thats using a retail game to launch the hackmii installer but you still have a forwarder channel which will work for us here.
hackmii installer "boot.elf" like I mentioned above..

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azstang said:
I'm hopefully getting there. I just got the BATHAXX file on the Sd card
that won't work as your wii doesn't read discs....(hopefully you didn't format your card at this point)

you'll have to do what bosman eluded to...on the SD or USB from your wii: plug it into a computer, navigate to the X:/apps/usbloader folder (or it may be called wiiflow depending on which loader you used), change the boot.dol name to something else, then move the boot.elf file from the 'COPY_TO_SD' folder that modmii generated for you into it....put the card back into the wii, then launch your USB Loader channel again.

Azstang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I renamed the boot.dol file and I copied the boot.elf file from the COPY_TO_SD folder to the root of the SD card.

When I launch the new usb-loader I got an IOS error.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not into the root...the boot.elf file must go into the directory on the card that was used to launch your USB loader....

the channel looks for the boot.dol (or .elf) file in that specific directory and launches it....the directory will be "SD:/apps/usbloader" or "SD:/apps/wiiflow" or something like that....i'd hope you don't have too many things in your apps directory on your card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: