Hacking Upgraded system menu to 4.3, StartPatch hacks stopped working

Knocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
JVC2: both you and crwys sabotaged the thread and now it's filled with your crap about Priiloader that other people will need to be patient enough to read before they can help.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol jeese I know right. You need an older cios. Look I even did a Google search for you that suggests the same thing.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-1029-for-startpatch-and-wad-manager-1-6-with-cios-19.212569/

It's 5 years old too because startpatch is *cough cough* outdated ;)

JVC2: both you and crwys sabotaged the thread and now it's filled with your crap about Priiloader that other people will need to be patient enough to read before they can help.

I have gave you the answer multiple times. You need an older cios. And a different base installed.
I have already helped you to the max potential anyone else can.

Reactions: JVC2

JVC2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knocks,just dont reply again on this thread and make a new thread on Wii Hacking,we are checking this part because we are into Wii U hacking just trying to help,,and it hasnt been only us but other members that have said the same.

As always good luck with your blatant blindness on the matter,please leave this thread you opened and make a new one.

Tgames

Trophies
Website
tgames.fr.nf
XP
Country
France
I have developed the version of startpatch for 3.2, 4.1 MOD and 4.3.

But it's was in 2010 (5 years ago ! lol).

So it wasn't updated to work with newer IOS (249 should not work for example).
But maybe you can try to install the patchs with cIOS 250, 251, 222....

I don't have a wii to test homebrew anymore.
Only a wii U and we know that it's totally different for vWii.

Knocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tgames thanks! So I'll just install the previous cIOS in a different slot and run StartPatch from there. :)

I just need to apply those hacks once and don't plan on touching my NAND again after that.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[
Tgames thanks! So I'll just install the previous cIOS in a different slot and run StartPatch from there. :)

I just need to apply those hacks once and don't plan on touching my NAND again after that.

Downgrade back to 4.1 and try again
Make sure you have all stubs removed
Install an older cios in a different slot, try 38 (not the d2x versions)

I don't think you are comprehending what everyone has been telling you.
The program requires a cios.
The program is so old that it doesn't support the newest cios you have installed.
So you have to use a older cios.

I have gave you the answer multiple times. You need an older cios. And a different base installed.
I have already helped you to the max potential anyone else can.

You're kidding me right? Lol

[User]JVC2[/User]

Knocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
crwys No, you are probably kidding? You are giving the utmostly shittiest advice of downgrading to system menu 4.1, which is risky and completely unnecessary, since StartPatch was written for 4.3. The author of StartPatch has already explained to me via PM exactly what to do, i.e. which cIOS to run StartPatch from.

How many times do you need to be an asshole and interfere in something you have no idea about? Your attitude and your advice are not welcome here. And of course, there was no need to switch for Priiloader for this whatsoever.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys No, you are probably kidding? You are giving the utmostly shittiest advice of downgrading to system menu 4.1, which is risky and completely unnecessary, since StartPatch was written for 4.3. The author of StartPatch has already explained to me via PM exactly what to do, i.e. which cIOS to run StartPatch from.
How many times do you need to be an asshole and interfere in something you have no idea about? Your attitude and your advice are not welcome here. And of course, there was no need to switch for Priiloader for this whatsoever.

I said downgrading was one of your options. I've done it plenty of times without issues. You don't need to be on 4.3 it has no advantage over 4.1
Its really no more risky than using startpatch since they both modify the nand which is ironic you bring that up.
Startpatch was written for many different Wii system versions.

If you wanted to talk to the creator only you should have pmed him instead of making a thread.

Wow, how about you people just go the hell away?
Lol you mean your attitude is not welcome here. You asked for help and like 5 other people gave you advice and you responded with that.

So it wasn't updated to work with newer IOS (249 should not work for example).
But maybe you can try to install the patchs with cIOS 250, 251, 222..

Install an older cios in a different slot, try 38 (not the d2x versions)
The program is so old that it doesn't support the newest cios you have installed.
So you have to use a older cios.

We literally gave you the same advice. You let your bias extremely cloud your judgment and waited for a second opinion and sure enough it was the same. I must know a little bit about what I'm talking about since I was right. I'm done arguing with you now.I just wanted to show that I was right and you are clearly one hateful, stubborn mother fucker. Have a nice day :wink:

Knocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just wanted to show that I was right

Thank you, because that just about summarizes all your posts. You were wrong about almost everything from the beginning, and specifically you were wrong about the need to switch to Priiloader for the purposes of writing a couple of hacks in the NAND. You were wrong that if an SD card is not in the slot at all times, then the person doesn't own an SD card. Ever consider that a card might be taken out to update content on it? Booting without an SD card means the hacks no longer apply, e.g. background music is no longer disabled until you reboot with the card. Should I go on? You are also wrong about System Menu 4.3 being unnecessary, since 4.3 is required to download the Wii to Wii U data transfer tool without fetching wads from third-party sources. Even if it 4.3 wasn't necessary, it's definitely not inferior to 4.1 in any way, and advising someone to downgrade after he has already upgraded is completely pointless.

But worst of all, after OP told you that your arrogant and rude advice wasn't needed, because you were clearly taking the thread off topic, you continued to interject, even after the author of the app stepped in and provided the definitive answer about how to make the app work.

You and the other guy who barely speaks English were the only two people feeding your "superior" ideas into this thread after being asked repeatedly to stop going off topic, and you just don't have the maturity to stop and admit that you're wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34