Updatng ISakuReal

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by k0kujin, Aug 15, 2009.

Aug 15, 2009

Updatng ISakuReal by k0kujin at 11:09 PM (1,100 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. k0kujin
    OP

Newcomer k0kujin Advanced Member

United States
    Can I update My iSakuReal Firmware, or do I have to wait for a new Pack all together?If so what files are ok to overwrite?

*Sorry about the typo*

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    You cannot update Sakura because in the newer firmwares they have a check so that you can't run them in a triple-boot but you can update touchpod and the itouchds firmware, some people have already posted the links on the official isakureal thread.

3. k0kujin
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the reply.I guess I'll stick with 1.2 a little longer.

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

The New Dual loader SAKURA/TOUCH POD Switchable loader (Hold (A) on startup to make the switch) ...makes the TRIPLE loader pretty much redundant/useless now as Sakura now supports RTS and ....Most homebrew now works in Sakura or Touchpod so the iTouch loader does not have any real usage with the M3 REAL/ZERO cards...note with the new loader also there is NO WAY to reintegrate the iTouch loaders in the latest Dual Loader and the Kernel/Loader is also getting regular updates [​IMG]

5. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

sure you could... if I remember correctly, you could still boot iTouch via Touchpod or via Sakura>Moonshell>iTouch

6. k0kujin
    OP

United States
    I have M3 Real.What do mean NO WAY to reintegrate.So what your saying is I should just use the 1.4 Sakura firmware provided by the site.

7. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I wouldn't hold out on an update for this unofficial firmware, as it has been made redundant (some time ago now) by the official Sakura/Touchpod firmware. Which, incidentally is better than the triple boot anyway.
    As kobykaan advised, replace iSakuReal with the latest official and you'll be happy.

8. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    yea and get the full updated one from the M3 sakura faq with the latest touchpod updated integrated

9. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Yeah, I used to use it then realised that the official english release was out. I use it now on my Grey EU/US cart and is great though I preferred booting into iTouchDS to load homebrew rather than Touchpod, though I still use the Triple Booter on my White Chinese cart. Just update bro, it's excellent.