Hacking Updating..

Gpro1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As alluded to above, ChoiDujourNX looks very promising (looks like alot of the update process is automated) and it sounds like its release may be near. There's a preview video I saw somewhere in this forum. May be worth holding off a bit if you're hesitant, you waited this long...

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just update dude. I were in your same situation a week ago. 2.3 Switch taking dust for months and months until I finally updated. It was a torture having a useless console while everyone were enjoying it, so I updated and I'm glad I did, all works perfect and coldboot yes is nice but not worth all this waiting.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's too risky. Might as well update normally. All it takes is one time for it to boot to horizon and fuses are burned. I'm going to bite the bullet and use the no burn guide tonight or tomorrow. I'll kick myself in the ass later if I burn the fuses lol.

No. The only risk is the reboot after the update. If your jig doesn't work you'll boot normally and burn fuses. Just install autoRCM after the reboot to RCM and you're golden.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes baby,1.0.0 only?

For now, but you never know what the future holds baby!

Gpro1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another option would be to just update officially to 4.1. Can use Kirby gamecard or xbins files, make sure gamecard is original revision. This keeps warmboot open, and can still play majority of games...

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will always choose what I think is the best alternative for me. I updated from 3.0.0 to get exfat NOW and not later just in case and to avoid having to deal with the other types of update guides. I'm not worried about the future because it looks like TX will have my back. Maybe some of the other alternatives will become better or simply more attractive but today it's just scene drama and e-peens all over. As some have said, best 30 dollars spent but I'm totally on board if a challenger approaches with something substantial. I'd love to get a dongle that fits in the cartridge slot to take with me as I already have a reed switch in my right joycon and a magnet in the left. It would be my choice I think.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the cartridge slot, does how does SX OS handle that?
It can't prevent the cartridge slot from being updated because SX OS is not designed to accept foreign custom sysmodules, unlike Hekate and ReiNX. However, SX OS can play .XCI files (with an activated license) so it may not be that much of a big deal.

Reactions: MichiS97

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no. It's true that if you don't allow the system to boot normally after the update (boot directly to RCM) you won't burn fuses. However, you can't simply enable autoRCM prior to the update. The update fixes boot 0 and thus removes autoRCM.

Thank you so very much for correcting me! I was going off memory so didn't know all the details.

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
As alluded to above, ChoiDujourNX looks very promising (looks like alot of the update process is automated) and it sounds like its release may be near. There's a preview video I saw somewhere in this forum. May be worth holding off a bit if you're hesitant, you waited this long...

Is this a thing? Where is it being discussed?

Gpro1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's somewhere in the fuseless update thread (complicated one), yesterday rajkosto mentioned it was close to being complete. Deeper in that thread was a teaser video (almost literally one button clicking from one firmware to another)

If you are having trouble supplying basic commandline parameters then maybe wait for the ChoiDujourNX version which will be out very soon.

Last edited by Gpro1,
Reactions: Garrincho

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It's somewhere in the fuseless update thread (complicated one), yesterday rajkosto mentioned it was close to being complete. Deeper in that thread was a teaser video (almost literally one button clicking from one firmware to another)

Thanks! Can't find the video tho, was it posted by him too?

Gpro1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Can't find the video tho, was it posted by him too?

I don't think so, I think it was posted by someone else, I tried looking for it the other day and couldn't find it again myself either. Possibly in another thread. But there were different buttons to select which firmware you wanted, and you could also choose with or without exfat, and it would then do the update. Much more streamlined compared to the original (safer) process.

Gpro1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with this it is possible to switch firmwares on the switch itself?!

except getting the firmware folder, it automates all the other steps in the guide yes (sadly its not possible to generate modified FS.kip1 with it though, so you will have to make those with ChoiDujour on PC still)

Sure does, and I think the above quotes confirm it, same thread...

Reactions: shchmue

Gpro1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there really any reason to hold off on updating anymore? We have cfw and exploits for every fw now.. I've had my switch on 2.3 since I got it. I've literally only played Zelda and never connected it to the internet.. If cold boot is the only reason, I just don't care anymore lol. I always play my switch at home so it's not a big deal... I know I can update my switch without burning fuses but it's a fairly long guide and I'm feeling lazy.. And on top of that, If I update past 4.0, my cartridge slot becomes unusable on anything Lower...I print jigs and sell them so I have pretty much everything I need...

So I guess I need to decide if I'm going to follow the update without burning fuses guide or just update.. Am I missing something? Is there any other reason not to burn the fuses? I'm ready to start using my switch again and playing something other than Zelda..

FOR AN EASIER INSTALLATION EXPERIENCE, STEPS 6 AND AFTER CAN BE REPLACED JUST BY USING ChoiDujourNX AS A HOMEBREW ON THE CONSOLE ITSELF.
Check out https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/ for more info.

OP, there is now another option to update, if you havent already, see above, incidentally it was released earlier today

Last edited by Gpro1,

leda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think the warmboot exploit will release anytime soon. But easier and safer methods of upgrading/downgrading firmware may worth waiting.

Jerry2015

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ironic that it released today. I had just started doing the old method. Eh, either way.

My question now is, what is the best way to load backups now? From what I understand reinx doesn't have sig patches anymore.. Which is needed to run backups correct? I'm going to update my switch to 5.0.2 or whatever the newest is. I want to play octopath and a few other games.. Some older of course, including odyssey.. Still haven't played it... So should I he installing reinx? Or atmosphere with sig patches? There is so much information out there, old and new.. It's a bit confusing as far as the best/correct options.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ironic that it released today. I had just started doing the old method. Eh, either way.

My question now is, what is the best way to load backups now? From what I understand reinx doesn't have sig patches anymore.. Which is needed to run backups correct? I'm going to update my switch to 5.0.2 or whatever the newest is. I want to play octopath and a few other games.. Some older of course, including odyssey.. Still haven't played it... So should I he installing reinx? Or atmosphere with sig patches? There is so much information out there, old and new.. It's a bit confusing as far as the best/correct options.
ReiNX does have signature patches, just not officially. If you go the ReiSwitched Discord server, you will receive instructions on where to find it. Atmosphere with signature patches uses the sames ones that ReiNX does with the only difference being you use Hekate.bin to load Atmosphere whereas ReiNX is loaded with ReiNX.bin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe