updating Wii problem using updatepal.zip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hakinch0p, Apr 21, 2010.

1. hakinch0p
    OP

hakinch0p Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2009
    United States
    Hi

I am running 4.1E softmodded about a year ago. I am trying to update to the latest 4.2 and install all the newer hacked ios versions. I obtained the updatepal.zip from the guide here. I put the contents on an SD card when going to the home brew chan i select "Yet Another Wad Manager Mod" then on the popup it says "Version: r17" I clock load, the screen goes black and nothing else happens. I have to turn the wii off by holding in the power button, reset/home button does nothing.

Its the same sd i used to modify the WII a while ago so it should be ok but i have tried on another sd anyway with the same results.

I dont know what other info i can give, i dont see anywhere what version of 249 im running but going by memory i think r14.

Can anyone suggest another WAD manager i could try? Can i update via offical update? I do have NAND backup and bootmii install into boot2 but i think an official update will clear boot2?

Thanks

2. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice