Updating through Wi-Fi.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Lovepreet, Sep 25, 2010.

Sep 25, 2010

Updating through Wi-Fi. by Lovepreet at 11:29 PM (1,052 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Lovepreet
    OP

Newcomer Lovepreet Member

Canada
    I know that you can update your AceKard/ CheatDB through wi-fi...

But every time I try it says: Could not connect, check WFC setting.

But my wi-fi works perfectly, and can go online in roms and can even browse the internet.

Why does it not work?

2. AcekardFan

Member AcekardFan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Same Thing Happens To me But I Try To Update The Loader I Think Its A Hardware Issue

3. C175R

Member C175R GBAtemp Pirate

United States
    having problem with updating the acekard 2i too.
    I dont even get a message nor anything.
    when I try to update it I only get a White screen and stays there. never had a problem before so i dont know why is this happening. [​IMG]

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Make sure SSID broadcasting is enabled. Games don't need it enabled, but the AKAIO WiFi updater does.

5. C175R

Member C175R GBAtemp Pirate

United States
    how do I change that?

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    In your start/globe menu, go to the "run" command. If you're on vista/7, you'd use the little white box near the bottom. Type in "CMD" and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

In the black box that comes up, type "ipconfig" and press enter. It'll list a series of four numbers as your "default gateway". Write those down. Go open any web browser, and enter the four numbers (like 192.168.x.x) into the address bar, and press enter.

A login box should come up. The username should be "admin" or blank, and the password can be anything from "admin" to "administrator" "pass" to "password" or "password1", or something else if you've set it differently. Ask whoever set up the router what the password to get into it is, or check this page.
    http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html

Then you'll be able to see what sort of wireless security settings you have set up. Make sure that SSID broadcasting is ON.

7. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I had a similar problem... no matter what I did, I couldn't connect via WiFi, but ONLY in AKAIO.

Turns out that on the DS WiFi config, my Primary DNS was invalid and AKAIO wasn't switching to the Secondary (which worked).
    The reason I had an invalid primary DNS (my computers IP, not my router) was for the SendPKMN app that I helped a friend set up.

8. ultimate.fake.ac

Member ultimate.fake.ac GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm having a similar problem. I get a could not connect message when I try to wifi update. I checked and my SSID broadcasting is set to "Enabled". I know wifi does work, and my primary DNS is valid and working. Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

9. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    just know it's SSID on
    DNS i do automatic
    WEP or no encryption

10. ultimate.fake.ac

Member ultimate.fake.ac GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I tried updating on my DSLite instead of my DSi and it worked just fine. I looked and I have my DSi set to static ip, but it works otherwise so I'm not worried. Thanks for the help [​IMG]