1. britain4

OP britain4 GBAtemp Fan

Hey guys,

I have been reading up on this but there's a lot of conflicting info out there and I'm fairly new to the Switch so just wanted to be sure.

My Switch is running an SX Core chip with both sysnand and emunand running 10.1.0.

If I wanted to update the sysnand - can I do this through the Nintendo online update when booted into sysnand?

If I do this would I also need to update the emunand due to fuses (using choidujour etc) or does SX OS with the SX Core ignore the fuses or something?

2. shinwg

shinwg GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes u can update normally using Nintendo on sysnand. The emunand u have to use 3rd party apps to update

britain4 likes this.
  3. britain4

OP britain4 GBAtemp Fan

Nice thank you - if I update the sysnand that way will the emunand still function on a lower firmware or would I need to update both at the same time?

4. mesmeriize

mesmeriize Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Don't update emunand or cfw emunand won't work. You have to wait for sx 3.0.5 first. You can update sysnand but ofw boot on sx start up screen won't work. You have to click options then nand then genuine boot to start up sysnand. That will be fixed in new 3.0.5 update.

If you want to play online, update sysnand now then wait for 3.0.5 sx, install that then you can update emunand if you want. You only need to update emunand for newer games released after today that require latest firmware so you don't need to worry about that for now. If you update sysnand but keep emunand on 10.1, everything will work fine, just go to genuine boot to start sysnand

Last edited by mesmeriize, Sep 16, 2020
    scandal_uk and britain4 like this.
  5. britain4

OP britain4 GBAtemp Fan

That's awesome thank you - couldn't find a definitive answer to that anywhere. The plan for now would be to update sysnand so I can play online and I won't touch emunand until a game needs the update.

6. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    Dont update sysnand, a friend with sxcore updated his sysnand, as a result he couldn't boot to sysnand anymore (black screen on boot). Lower fw on Emunand works just fine.

7. britain4

OP britain4 GBAtemp Fan

Thanks for the warning - is that through the ofw boot on the main screen or the "genuine boot" option?

8. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    just confirmed he boots up genuine boot just perfectly, ofw boot doesn't work.

9. shinwg

shinwg GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes they are separate if u update sysnand to the latest firmware the emunand will still be on the old version. Like the other dude right now is not good idea to update emunand until sxox release new update support

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

He did something wrong I have sxox core mariko no problem update in the sysnand. Did he update using Nintendo or 3rd party

Sorry just read everything yes u right

10. britain4

OP britain4 GBAtemp Fan

Thanks for the replies guys - TX have released 3.0.5 now so updated to that and updated sysnand and all is well.

:)

11. xgames

xgames Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    hi! i have SXLITE OFW 10.1.0 and SXOS BETA 3.0.5 can you teach me step by step how to update my sysnand and emunand to 10.2.0?
    should i press the "clean" below the "genuine boot" or it doesn't matter? thanks :)

Last edited by xgames, Sep 19, 2020
  12. sbaq

sbaq Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    But on Switch Lite we can leave the SysNand as is (10.1.0) And Only update EmmuNand. Right. If i only use EmmuNand.

13. britain4

OP britain4 GBAtemp Fan

Very easy - sysnand through official Nintendo updater and Emunand using choidujourNX

Yep that’s right using choidujourNX as above

14. shinwg

shinwg GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If u want to update sysnand boot on ofw than system update u done just make sure u update sxox first

15. xgames

xgames Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    thanks you guys for all of your replies ‍♂️
    how do i know if i already have emunand installed already?
    or if i don't have emunand then i create new emunand in 10.2.0, is there any chance that all my save date will wipe out in my sdcard?
    sorry im such a newbie in switch community, the modchip installer is the one who setup my switch, thats why i don't know what to do
    i don't want to pay another installation fee to him just to upgrade my ofw version. thanks

Last edited by xgames, Sep 19, 2020
  16. shinwg

shinwg GBAtemp Fan

United States
    When you boot it will tell emunand enable or go to album sxos it will say emunand. Yes creating emunand will overwrite the previous one

17. britain4

OP britain4 GBAtemp Fan

Volume up as you power on and it’ll take you to the SX boot loader menu, if you have a yellow emuNAND enabled (or disabled) above the custom FW button you have emuNAND set up

I found this guide really helpful when getting started (not just for Mariko) https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-core-mariko-what-to-do-next-post-install-guide-for-newbies.570657/

18. laramie

laramie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The only thing I've noticed is that after updating my lite to 10.2.0 it does take like ~25 seconds to boot weird.

The only thing I've noticed on my lite is after updating the sysnand to 10.2.0 it takes ~ 25 seconds to boot, on 10.1.0 it took a few seconds ~5. I did backup first and tried restoring it but it still takes 25 seconds, super weird. Also on 3.0.5

19. britain4

OP britain4 GBAtemp Fan

That’s weird - are you talking 25 seconds to glitch or 25 seconds from the SX OS screen?

My glitching is very variable compared to others by the sounds of it, sometimes insta sometimes 30 seconds +, it’s never once red lighted or failed completely though so I assume that means my ribbon is ok? Soldering is fine

20. laramie

laramie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the soldering is fine, it's been quick up until I updated it to the latest fw. I took off my back to see the led and it flashes blue for like 25 seconds then goes green and boots, but before the update it was covered so Idk the led status but it showed the sxos screen withing 5 seconds of pressing in the power button. Idk why it takes longer now.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Updating, Sysnand,