Hacking Question updating switch while using autorcm - bricmii ...

tigersaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
So with firmware 6.0 update incoming on sept 18 i have a question regarding updating my switch

Will updating firmware using the official way (downloading from horizon) remove auto rcm, bricmii ... ? (since it was hard for me and the joycon to do rcm without jig)

Agusto101

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala

Agusto101

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I don't believe it does. You can try launching it in SX OS right now and see if it black screens (which is a sign it doesn't work).
I try then, in case dont work, how i use that tool, i have to use , hekate?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I try then, in case dont work, how i use that tool, i have to use , hekate?, if i update online can i put autorcm again?

If you want to update and keep autoRCM, use choidujourNX with the autoRCM option checked when updating.

Edit: Ninja'd
If i update online can i put autorcm Again in tx menu?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try then, in case dont work, how i use that tool, i have to use , hekate?
Well Hekate's just a bootloader so it can't load homebrew without an accompanying CFW. Your options include Atmosphere, ReiNX, or "RajNX".
If i update online can i put autorcm Again in tx menu?
Yes.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: Agusto101

Agusto101

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Well Hekate's just a bootloader so it can't load homebrew without an accompanying CFW. Your options include Atmosphere, ReiNX, or "RajNX".
Oh...i see, so i only need yo replace tx, bootloader with hekate?.

Yes.
Thanks i do that instead.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh...i see, so i only need yo replace tx, bootloader with hekate?.
You don't seem to understand. Hekate is just a bootloader aka a homebrew that is designed to power on the console. If there is no CFW on the SD card, then it will boot into stock firmware or OFW. SX OS is both a CFW and a bootloader but as a CFW, it does not support ChoiDujourNX; all of the other CFWs support ChoiDujourNX. For example, you can chainload another CFW from the SX OS menu to launch a CFW that supports the usage of ChoiDujourNX.

Agusto101

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
You don't seem to understand. Hekate is just a bootloader aka a homebrew that is designed to power on the console. If there is no CFW on the SD card, then it will boot into stock firmware or OFW. SX OS is both a CFW and a bootloader but as a CFW, it does not support ChoiDujourNX; all of the other CFWs support ChoiDujourNX. For example, you can chainload another CFW from the SX OS menu to launch a CFW that supports the usage of ChoiDujourNX.
Ahh ...i understand now, thanks, and if i update online did i have to disable autorcm or doesnt matter.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh ...i understand now, thanks, and if i update online did i have to disable autorcm or doesnt matter.
It doesn't matter if you have AutoRCM or not if you update online although you may be risking a ban by having it enabled as it is not 100% clear whether Nintendo can detect AutoRCM or not.

Reactions: Agusto101

Agusto101

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
It doesn't matter if you have AutoRCM or not if you update online although you may be risking a ban by having it enabled as it is not 100% clear whether Nintendo can detect AutoRCM or not.
Mm... I see, interesting, and last question, how i chainload other cfw, to tx menu, did i only put in the files?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mm... I see, interesting, and last question, how i chainload other cfw, to tx menu, did i only put in the files?
You will have to put the respective payload.bin file (aka bootloader) as well as the CFW on the SD card which is pointless to do if you only own SX OS. Chainloading is only really useful if you have the SX Pro as you can just send the alternative payload.bin in the first place without sending the SX Loader and subsequently chainloading into another bootloader.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it, thanks dude, guess the best way for me, is updating online, because i dont really care about the ban.
While you may not care about online services, a CDN ban will force you to use ChoiDujourNX anyways so might as well get used to launching it. And most bans are now being distributed as CDN bans so I wouldn't take that attitude about being banned so lightly anymore.

Agusto101

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
While you may not care about online services, a CDN ban will force you to use ChoiDujourNX anyways so might as well get used to launching it. And most bans are now being distributed as CDN bans so I wouldn't take that attitude about being banned so lightly anymore.
Welp guees i use hekate and atmosphere then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs