Mobjunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

Today i tried to plug in a legit copy of shield into my cfw switch to beat it and transfer the legandry to my normal switch but i need to update my switch system version (currently running 6.x.x) but how would i go about updating it without going online. Also i would like to know how i can update my atmosphere as i had problems in the past running some games.

Kind regards

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Update to latest Atmosphere then install new firmware using ChoiDujourNX. You would just need to find the 9.1.0 firmware via Google.

To update Atmosphere, you would just rename the old folders and copy the new folders. Then copy the other stuff you added to titles folder.

Last edited by fvig2001,

Mobjunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Update to latest Atmosphere then install new firmware using ChoiDujourNX. You would just need to find the 9.1.0 firmware via Google.

To update Atmosphere, you would just rename the old folders and copy the new folders. Then copy the other stuff you added to titles folder.

Thanks for the response, i just read something about burned fuses on a website would you suggest enabling autorcm just for the update or not?

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
People keep burned fuses in hopes for the day that a modchip/AutoRCM is not needed. If you can live with the fact that you will have to use RCM to start the console, then you could just ignore the fuses all together. On one Switch, I am hopeful for a cold boot hack to launch CFW without RCM. The other, the idiot seller burnt the fuses despite my wishes.

Last edited by fvig2001,

Mobjunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
People keep burned fuses in hopes for the day that a modchip/AutoRCM is not needed. If you can live with the fact that you will have to use RCM to start the console, then you could just ignore the fuses all together. On one Switch, I am hopeful for a cold boot hack to launch CFW without RCM. The other, the idiot seller burnt the fuses despite my wishes.

So i just put the new atmosphere files on the sd card and updated the firmware to 9.1.0 with rcm enabled, but now when i try to boot into the custom firmware i get an error as follows:

Initializing...
Unkown pkg1,
48`.on <= `20191021113848o1GeQNW201910211138
Failed to launch firmware.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You have to use the latest hekate or whatever the equivalent for Atmosphere. I prefer Hekate since it has a nice GUI. Then just launch CFW Sysnand

Last edited by fvig2001,

Mobjunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have to use the latest hekate or whatever the equivalent for Atmosphere. I prefer Hekate since it has a nice GUI. Then just launch CFW Sysnand

I will try when i can get my switch turned off as its currently stuck in a reinx splash screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy