tusmavan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello everybody

so right now im stuck on OFW 4.1.0 and i dont know if its safe to update to a higher FW (my switch is IPATCHED aswell)
and my guess was that if i created an eMMC that i could maybe update my OFW through settings?
i already have the eMMC up and running but im just too scared to update before i find out if its possible or not.
anyone?

tusmavan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If your switch is patched and you want to keep it hackable for now, you can't update your SysNAND.
However, you can update your EmuMMC how you want.

so updating my FW in the emuMMC through the official way from the nintendo servers wont do any harm?

tusmavan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Never said that. That can get you banned. You don't want to be online (unless you are using DNS) with CFW (so in EmuMMC).
So if you can, use choidujournx.

But dont u need RCM in order to use choidujournx? i can get into rcm but my switch is not fusee-gelee compatible

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChoiDujourNX itself is homebrew running under CFW, you will need to reboot after install but that's it. So boot your CFW in emunand and then run it.

On sysnand you have to take care not to allow ChoiDujourNX to install auto-RCM as that would brick an ipatched unit. You shouldn't have to worry about this when running emunand, but you can un-check the option before install just to be safe.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. You cannot update your sysNAND on an ipatched system if you want hacks. You also can't connect your sysNAND to the internet, unless you're using PegaScape DNS or 90DNS. Otherwise, you will receive a browser supernag, and you won't be able to use hacks.
  2. If your emuNAND is meant to be used with hacks (i.e. It's dirty and kept offline), then you can update to 8.1.0 on your emuNAND using ChoiDujourNX. You need to make sure you're actually on your emuNAND when you run ChoiDujourNX. If you accidentally use ChoiDujourNX with your sysNAND to update to 8.1.0, you're screwed out of hacks, potentially forever.
  3. If your emuNAND is meant to be used for online play (i.e. It's clean), then you cannot use homebrew, and you can update to 8.1.0 on your emuNAND officially from the system settings. You need to make sure you're actually on your emuNAND when you run an update from the system settings. If you accidentally use the system settings with your sysNAND to update to 8.1.0, you're screwed out of hacks, potentially forever.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: NoNAND

tusmavan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thank you all for anwsering ill try choidujournx to update to 8.1.0 in my emuNAND (i dont care about online play)

tusmavan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you haven't already done so, make sure you have a NAND backup, including BOOT0/1, stored somewhere safe.
i have but still thanks though
right now im installing choidujournx and FW 8.1.0 on my emuMMC to see if my problem is solved

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...