Hacking Updating N3DS from 9.2 Emunand

aceoyame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My N3DS currently is using a 9.2 emunand from before the exploit existed that let us past 9.5

My question is, what do I need to do to update it to 10.4 and use the newer version of ReiNand?

my 3DS currently has 9.2 on both sysnand and emunand and are unlinked. My CFW is rxtools.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My N3DS currently is using a 9.2 emunand from before the exploit existed that let us past 9.5

My question is, what do I need to do to update it to 10.4 and use the newer version of ReiNand?

my 3DS currently has 9.2 on both sysnand and emunand and are unlinked. My CFW is rxtools.
Just follow the Reinand guide or go and get the latest version of RXtools and follow its guide

Both will update to 10.5 Emunand

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, you just need to drag and drop Reinand's or the Rxtools files to your SD card and you'll be able to update it

I'd recommend you to use Reinand instead of RxTools for now, As Reinand is more stable (based on 10.2 firm, while Rxtools is based on 9.6 firm)

aceoyame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, you just need to drag and drop Reinand's or the Rxtools files to your SD card and you'll be able to update it

I'd recommend you to use Reinand instead of RxTools for now, As Reinand is more stable (based on 10.2 firm, while Rxtools is based on 9.6 firm)

Sweet, was afraid of having to redo my emunand again. That shit takes time lol. Thanks!

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

except the latest version of RXtools require a 0x1.bin and 0x16.bin in the root of the SD card.
also if you dont delete the DATA folder in the RXtools folder on the 3DS before copying over the new files it will also black screen.

Thats why the RXtools guide says Delete you entire RXtools folder on your 3DS before copying over New files.
It also says make a New Firm file with its python script

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back