Updating N3DS from 9.2 Emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aceoyame, Feb 19, 2016.

1. aceoyame
    OP

aceoyame Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2015
    United States
    Dubuque, Iowa
    My N3DS currently is using a 9.2 emunand from before the exploit existed that let us past 9.5

My question is, what do I need to do to update it to 10.4 and use the newer version of ReiNand?

my 3DS currently has 9.2 on both sysnand and emunand and are unlinked. My CFW is rxtools.

2. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    Just follow the Reinand guide or go and get the latest version of RXtools and follow its guide

Both will update to 10.5 Emunand

3. aceoyame
    OP

aceoyame Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2015
    United States
    Dubuque, Iowa
    So I simply need to update? I don't need to delete/recreate my emunand?

4. pofer

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    Somewhere around the corner
    nope, you just need to drag and drop Reinand's or the Rxtools files to your SD card and you'll be able to update it

I'd recommend you to use Reinand instead of RxTools for now, As Reinand is more stable (based on 10.2 firm, while Rxtools is based on 9.6 firm)

5. aceoyame
    OP

aceoyame Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2015
    United States
    Dubuque, Iowa
    Sweet, was afraid of having to redo my emunand again. That shit takes time lol. Thanks!

6. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    except the latest version of RXtools require a 0x1.bin and 0x16.bin in the root of the SD card.
    also if you dont delete the DATA folder in the RXtools folder on the 3DS before copying over the new files it will also black screen.

Thats why the RXtools guide says Delete you entire RXtools folder on your 3DS before copying over New files.
    It also says make a New Firm file with its python script