Hacking Updating my stuff

Rustic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I haven't paid much attention to my 3ds for some time, so i'm just here to confirm a couple of things.

I do have a9lh, but a pretty early one, plus a early aureinand emunand (on 10.7 fw). Like 'right after the guide was released' early, and i like to have the latest and greatest so let's update these.

There's some different instructions on the Luma3ds github, depending on which aureinand version you come from. How do i know which version i have?

Last thing, is the a9lh sysnand/emunand situation still the same, eg. do i have any reason to keep my 9.2 sysnand anymore?

Thanks!

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
I haven't paid much attention to my 3ds for some time, so i'm just here to confirm a couple of things.

I do have a9lh, but a pretty early one, plus a early aureinand emunand (on 10.7 fw). Like 'right after the guide was released' early, and i like to have the latest and greatest so let's update these.

There's some different instructions on the Luma3ds github, depending on which aureinand version you come from. How do i know which version i have?

Last thing, is the a9lh sysnand/emunand situation still the same, eg. do i have any reason to keep my 9.2 sysnand anymore?

Thanks!
No, you can now just use updated sysnand, meaning that you don't need an emunand anymore.
Use hourglass9 to make a backup of your emunand and do a sysnand restore with that emunand backup.
Then download luma3ds 5.5 and extract the luma3ds arm9loaderhax.bin deleting the old aureinand folder and the old arm9loaderhax.bin .
Then just tick the option (Autoboot sysnand) and you're done

Reactions: Rustic

Rustic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No, you can now just use updated sysnand, meaning that you don't need an emunand anymore.
Use hourglass9 to make a backup of your emunand and do a sysnand restore with that emunand backup.
Then download luma3ds 5.5 and extract the luma3ds arm9loaderhax.bin deleting the old aureinand folder and the old arm9loaderhax.bin .

Huh, that simple. Thanks!

Rustic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Got sysnand running with luma3ds now!

I've tried searching but i never found a understandable answer to what updated sysnand setting is.
Do i have to enable it to update normally (through system settings) to latest fw?

Thanks again in advance

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Got sysnand running with luma3ds now!

I've tried searching but i never found a understandable answer to what updated sysnand setting is.
Do i have to enable it to update normally (through system settings) to latest fw?

Thanks again in advance
You don't need to toggle that option, just the "Autoboot Sysnand"
So you're at 11.0 sysnand running luma3ds 5.5?
If so congratulations!
Now you just need to delete your emunand using emunand9

Rustic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You don't need to toggle that option, just the "Autoboot Sysnand"
So you're at 11.0 sysnand running luma3ds 5.5?
If so congratulations!
Now you just need to delete your emunand using emunand9

Still on 10.7 as i didn't have the nuts to do it without making sure that having the setting of doesn't remove a9lh, gonna update soon :P
Went smooth though, after quadrupletriple checking i was restoring the right nand dump. Thanks!

And now to finally finish mm3d...

Last edited by Rustic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu