Hacking Updating my RXtools cfw 3ds to 11.6

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As partially said by Kubas_inko, RXTools doesn't support any kernel newer than 9.6 (meaning the last compatible OS is probably 10.2)

Luckily, as you probably have 9.0/9.2 sysnand, you can upgrade to a current-generation setup (Boot9strap entrypoint, Luma or Rei-Six CFW, no emunand required anymore) with little hassle: follow the instructions at the 3ds.guide website!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but i dont wanna lose my animal crossing new leaf save file.
No problem, it will be kept (and just to be sure, you can install right now a save manager like JKSV or Checkpoint, and create a backup - that will be restorable now, afterwards, or on any other modded console)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings. Please follow these steps to update to B9S and Luma3DS:
  1. You should follow this guide to migrate to Luma3DS and B9S: https://3ds.hacks.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)
  2. If you're using menuhax to load rxTools, then following this guide up to Step 14 should cause you to automatically launch the Homebrew Launcher when you power on your 3DS. Once you do this, you can launch SafeB9SInstaller and skip to Section II of this guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher)
  3. When you make it to the Finalizing Setup guide, you MUST follow the optional emuNAND migration guide if you are using an emuNAND. It will be the first thing you do when you reach Section II - Updating the System.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1