Hacking Updating my CFW

DansDans

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel this is a really obvious question with a really obvious answer but I CAN NOT for the life of me find any information anywhere about this

I am on 6.1 FW with 6.1.0 Reinx CFW. I have an ns-atmosphere dongle running the NS-atmosphere.bin file. When i first set up the SD Card - I downloaded and am using the v13 SD Card software from the NS-Atmosphere site

This is the original zip file I downloaded and all the software I am running my SD card
NS-Atmosphere-SDFiles-1030-v1.3.zip
I have dumped my keys and have the prod.keys file as well so I can install XCI files using ZeroTwoXCI

A few games I am running had updates I wanted to install - SNK Anniversary and Taiko Drum N Fun. Even though I chose to ignore firmware version when installing original files, these two games now no longer run due to them requiring 6.2

I have NOT updated to 6.2 yet

Today on the NS-atmosphere site, this file was made available:
NS-Atmosphere-SDFiles-1215-v1.5.zip

It has proper 6.2 support, so I downloaded the file and unzipped it, I see a different file called NX-atmosphere.bin and an updated hbmenu.nro file.

My question (and it seems so stupid and obvious, but here I go) is:

Do I just need to replace the hbmenu.nro file on my SD Card and update the dongle with the NX-atmosphere.bin file, then update the switch OFW to 6.2? (I will use switch to update the OFW - I have never created a Nintendo ID account so nothing to worry about there)

-- OR --

Do I copy the contents of the new zip file over the top of existing files on the SD card, update the dongle with NX-atmosphere.bin and then update the switch OFW to 6.2?

To me this feels like such a simple and obvious question - but there seems to be no information about this. All the information about this seems to target NEW users only

I dont want to wipe the SD Card as it has all the games I have installed on it there and I dont want to remove them and reinstall them

Last edited by DansDans,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do I just need to replace the hbmenu.nro file on my SD Card and update the dongle with the NX-atmosphere.bin file, then update the switch OFW to 6.2? (I will use switch to update the OFW - I have never created a Nintendo ID account so nothing to worry about there)

-- OR --

Do I copy the contents of the new zip file over the top of existing files on the SD card, update the dongle with NX-atmosphere.bin and then update the switch OFW to 6.2?

What I do is create a folder called old on my sdcard and then I move every file/folder from the root of the sdcard into the old folder, if it exists in the zip file. Then extract the new zip file into the root of the sdcard.

That way you keep all your content, but get all the new things.

If there is anything missing, then you can copy the files back from the old folder. If it all goes wrong then you have the files that worked.

I don't use the files from ns-atmosphere.com, I was using hekate+kosmos but now just use the official atmosphere.

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
(I will use switch to update the OFW - I have never created a Nintendo ID account so nothing to worry about there)

Just an fyi don't use the official update method to go to 6.2 if you have installed nsp or tickets of games you don't own on the system.
Bans are console specific not nid

Reactions: DansDans

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night