updating gateway help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by esmrjones, Jul 17, 2014.

1. esmrjones
    OP

esmrjones Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2012
    United States
    I bought the gateway about the time when it first came out and haven't used it in a long time, I now want to update it because i understand it has multirom support now. I have searched some threads but I am not sure how to proceed, do I need to start the whole process over again? Does the SD card need to be updated as well as the micro sd on the blue card or what? What is the quickest easiest way to update ?

2. ScarletCrystals

ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Apr 9, 2010
    Canada
    Bamboo Forest, Gensokyo
    1. Download the omega 2.2 firmware
    2. Put Launcher.dat on your sd card (the big one in the 3ds)
    3. Run the exploit and go into Gateway mode (hold L while entering ds profile). It should update automatically.

3. esmrjones
    OP

esmrjones Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2012
    United States
    Thanks seems easy enough. However the links on the official gateway 3ds site are not working is there any alternative place to download omega 2.2?

4. Lambdasoldier

Lambdasoldier Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2014
    I will buy gateway but as it not support save files of pokemon y, i will also buy the official pokemon y, but to play this game I need emunand 7.1 right? But if I setup emunand it will be 8.0? And emunand does not booot in these version, right? Im gonna buy gateway tommorow quick awnser plz.

5. ScarletCrystals

ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Apr 9, 2010
    Canada
    Bamboo Forest, Gensokyo
    I believe it's against the rules to post or link gateway firmware here. The mirrors on the official site does all seem to be removed too hmm...
    Well, search around google I guess. If you're still having trouble I guess I could email you the files or something.

Gateway plays pokemon fine, not sure what you mean by not supporting pokemon save file. Also you don't need emunand at all at the moment. If you're using retail cartridge simply boot into gateway classic mode at gateway menu. Firmware spoofing means you can play pokemon on 4.5 too (it's region free to boot). And yes, emunand 8.x will not boot at the moment.

6. Lambdasoldier

Lambdasoldier Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2014

Thanks so I don t need to be worried about emunand.

I apreciate your help.

7. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    only the clones can't save nand saved games, yet, but might in the future
    gateway will have no problems saving, however I would like to mention, that nand saved games store the save file INSIDE the rom, not on your 3ds sd card, like usual games do, so if you play pokemon on it, make sure, you always backup your pokemon rom file, when you decide to format your card or just want to take it down for a couple of days in favour of another game

8. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    Or instead of backing up the entire Pokemon ROM, you can use the save extractor tool found on the community save thread to just back up the save itself. You can use the same tool to reinsert it at will. It takes up considerably less space than backing up the entire ROM.

CFallenleaf likes this.
  9. esmrjones
    OP

esmrjones Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2012
    United States
    Everything works awesome now thanks for help.

10. Lambdasoldier

Lambdasoldier Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2014
    I was ordering my gateway 3ds yesterday, but I remembered that I will pay customs if I ship outside Europe, can anyone say a cheap and safe site to buy gateway in europe, or instead can you tell me if 3ds link can play retail cards? (I know, that is a clone of gateway but I will not pay 80 euros for a gateway)

11. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    I highly recommend you pay the extra money to get a Gateway. There is no telling how much longer clones can keep copying Gateway's launcher. You don't want the day to come where they can no longer update and you'd have to put down the money for a Gateway at that time anyway.

12. Lambdasoldier

Lambdasoldier Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2014

Yes I know, but you don't know any european website where you can buy gateway, playmods.co.uk is out of stock and I wanna receive one in my birthday :yaynds:

13. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Yeah I'm not knowledgeable on that side of things, since I'm in the US and used a US retailer. Perhaps someone else can help with that. But good luck!

14. esmrjones
    OP

esmrjones Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2012
    United States
    Follow up question, I started a Pokémon save on another 3ds on a retail cart. Is there no way to play that save on the retail cart on my 4.5 3ds using gateway? It says save corrupt.

15. MGS1980

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    No. As long as you saved your game on a retail (non-modded) unit, you cannot use that save on a Gateway modded 3DS. The same also applies for the other way around as well. Also, if you played a cart on a modded (by this, I mean software modded) 3DS, you cannot use it with Powersaves since it will not recognize the save as valid either.

16. Lambdasoldier

Lambdasoldier Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2014
    One more question. I can play pokemon y official cartidge online without emunand right?

17. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    No, the only way to play pokemon online is if you downloaded the update from eshop, doing this means you needed to have emunand set up when eshop access was available, if you don't have emunand, you don't have the updates for pokemon so online will not be available

18. Lambdasoldier

Lambdasoldier Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2014

But if i setup emunand it will not boot according to gateway website, there's other way to play pokemon online?

19. MGS1980

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    Nope. If you want to play online, then you need the patches. If you don't already have the patches, you are out of luck until the fix emuNAND so that you can get back into the eShop to download them.

20. Lambdasoldier

Lambdasoldier Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2014

I need to download patches from e shop i didn't know that, so the only thing i can do is wainting for the fix.
    Thanks dude,