Updating Emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Virdoo, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Hi,

I'm on 9.2 emunand firmware and I'm not allowed to access eshop nor playing online so I was thinking about updating my emunand. Am I allowed to do it? Will my CFW still work after it? I'm using rxtools 2.6.

2. Rattor

Rattor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    O3DS, or N3DS? If New, RxTools does not support over 9.5 emunand. Reinand and Cakes does. O3DS, update away, everything supports up to 10.5.

3. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    I'm on o3ds, So i'm 100% allowed to update it? Are you sure?

4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Yes, you'll be fine, but if you're worried about it, use emunand9tool to make a backup of it, or n1ghty's emuNAND tool for Windows.

5. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Thanks, hopefully it won't mess up

6. TicTacToo

TicTacToo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2016
    Gambia, The
    If got a question to this topic too. Maybe I'm stupid, but is it possible to do anything wrong while updating?
    I just updated my emunand on o3DS with rxTools this night to 10.5. Now, when I put in my Pokemon retailcards, my o3DS says that the savegame is damaged. I've got suspicious and tested it on my other 3DS and it worked fine. Then I insert a game without savegame and it got the same message. Download the update for the games from eshop is also impossible... Is there somebody else with this problem and is there any solution?

PS: The Pokémon games I installed on SD are working fine.

PSS: Don't know what exactly I did wrong, but after updating sysNand to a higher version everything works fine.

Last edited by TicTacToo, Feb 3, 2016