Homebrew updating cIOS question

Wii_moron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I correct in saying that the newer cIOS wads , for example cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6.wad and cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6.wad, are just different versions of cIOS249 I had installed almost a year ago? Well reason I'm asking is that when I am about to install the WAD it says a cIOS249 already exists and ask if I want to overwrite. I have not overwritten them yet until I get confirmation that doing so will not effect all the games I have loaded on my HDD that work flawlessly with the older version of 249 & 250.
unsure.gif

thanks guys

Wii_moron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but my question is that installing those updated ciso versions will not mess anything up. Such as the games that worked with a previous ciso version of 240 will still work

Red_Gh0st

Trophies
Website
wiihacks.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, they should still work. This d2x cIOS are improved versions of Waninkoko's cIOS. Install the cIOS with the same base and slots zizer told. Almost every game work with 249 base 56 except for games like Black Ops, Def Jam Rapstars, and a few others. IOS Reloading games will also work, you also need the latest version of the loaders where d2x and IOS reload block is supported

Wii_moron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I downloaded
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6.wad
and
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6.wad
I used Waninkoko's WAD Manager to install but it did not ask me what slot I wanted to install to. Am i to assume this wad has some setting engraved in it to know what slot it should be installed to?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Wii_moron said:
Ok I downloaded
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6.wad
and
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6.wad
I used Waninkoko's WAD Manager to install but it did not ask me what slot I wanted to install to. Am i to assume this wad has some setting engraved in it to know what slot it should be installed to?
Those are the slots.

Wii_moron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so the WAD was set to install in those slots already? Basically the WAD file was set to install that particular cios to that particular slot?

Wii_moron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks JoostinOnline. You've been a big help. I'm trying to play the new Driver game without the freezing problem and from what I understand updating to these d2x versions should fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?