updating cIOS question

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Wii_moron, Sep 13, 2011.

Sep 13, 2011

updating cIOS question by Wii_moron at 4:21 AM (1,572 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Wii_moron
    OP

Newcomer Wii_moron Member

United States
    Am I correct in saying that the newer cIOS wads , for example cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6.wad and cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6.wad, are just different versions of cIOS249 I had installed almost a year ago? Well reason I'm asking is that when I am about to install the WAD it says a cIOS249 already exists and ask if I want to overwrite. I have not overwritten them yet until I get confirmation that doing so will not effect all the games I have loaded on my HDD that work flawlessly with the older version of 249 & 250. [​IMG]

thanks guys

2. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

install
    cIOS249[56]-d2x in slot 249
    cIOS249[57]-d2x in slot 250

it is ultimate choice for games

3. Wii_moron
    OP

United States
    Yes but my question is that installing those updated ciso versions will not mess anything up. Such as the games that worked with a previous ciso version of 240 will still work

4. Red_Gh0st

Member Red_Gh0st GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, they should still work. This d2x cIOS are improved versions of Waninkoko's cIOS. Install the cIOS with the same base and slots zizer told. Almost every game work with 249 base 56 except for games like Black Ops, Def Jam Rapstars, and a few others. IOS Reloading games will also work, you also need the latest version of the loaders where d2x and IOS reload block is supported

5. Wii_moron
    OP

United States
    Ok I downloaded
    cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6.wad
    and
    cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6.wad
    I used Waninkoko's WAD Manager to install but it did not ask me what slot I wanted to install to. Am i to assume this wad has some setting engraved in it to know what slot it should be installed to?

6. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Those are the slots.

7. Wii_moron
    OP

United States
    ok so the WAD was set to install in those slots already? Basically the WAD file was set to install that particular cios to that particular slot?

8. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Yes.

9. Wii_moron
    OP

United States
    Thanks JoostinOnline. You've been a big help. I'm trying to play the new Driver game without the freezing problem and from what I understand updating to these d2x versions should fix it.