Gaming updating a PS3

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to start this is my aunts ps3, they are not very good with technology, so this could be their fault...anyway here it goes.

they just got red dead redemption undead and it has an update on it. they are on 3.41 as we jailbroke it using an ipod a few months back. they don't care about the jailbreak, it was mainly for fun. it has comgenies software on it and a few games installed to the hdd. is there any reason the jailbreak would cause the update to fail? i highly doubt it as the jailbreak doesn't modify the system until you launch with it plugged in.

she states it fails at about 9% each time, it just freezes. im thinking of telling her to go online and update. good idea or bad idea? they don't have a flash drive to try to update in that manner either.

i don't have a ps3 so i can't really give her a good answer, nor am i anyway near them (im heading down next week, but the kids want to play red dead NAOWWW!!).

any help is appreciated.

edit so it seems it is updated to 3.50, it freezes when copying the game to the hdd. still don't have an answer.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
The issue is most likely the ribbon cable that connects to the optical drive or some other type of cable somewhere inside the PS3. When updating the PS3 does a hardware check and if something isn't right then it locks up. You either have to send it to sony or open it up yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...