Hacking Updating 2i

Shadraak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well before that 1.4 update where you had to do the stuff with danny phantom, i never updated taht so i believe i'm still on 1.3u, with the nwe 1.5 out do i still have to go thru the old update? and still do the updating to 1.4 using the danny phantom stuff, or does the new update and everything do all of that correctly? basically i'm on 1.3u still and wanting to know exactly what to do to update so i dont mess it up as i dont have a ds or dsl anymore to put it in if i mess up.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Not sure if I understand right - Are you asking

"If I update my DSi to the new 1.5u firmware will I need to update the AK2i to get it to work on the DSI"

If so - I would guess that you WILL need to update your AK2i to get it to work (you would've had to if you updated to 1.4u anyway)
However until we know what the Nintendo new DSi update actually does - we won't know if a fixed 1.4 AK2i will work on the 1.5 DSi firmware.

It is possible that Nintendo has created another 'flashcard blocker' in it's update & if it does we have to wait until Acekard bring out another 'fix' for the Ak2i that gets around it

I would suggest you wait until someone actually tells us what the 1.5 DSi update actually does - then decide if you really need to update the AK2i

Shadraak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k thanks, so is the 1.4 fix the same as before? still danny phantom? i hadn't updated yet cause i figured that was a temp one and there'd be a better one by then, then i saw on this page about the new firmware going to break them and didn't know if it was out yet or not...there's been a lot of games and stuff out on the store i wanna try and didn't wanna update to 1.4u (the right way) if there was a diff way to do it other than that danny phantom way.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nope it's 'Danny Phantom' or nothing I'm afraid.
There's been no update by the Acekard team (or any other for that matter) on a way around Nintendo's 1.4u firmware blockage other than changing the Icon/name to that of an 'official' game
(Personnally I would like an app that'll allow US to choose what icon/name to show)

As for the 1.5u update from Nintendo, I've also seen that article on several forums & currently many are claiming it's a fake - (although Nintendo MAY bring out a 1.5 eventually)

It seem that the person who originally posted it (who is apparently swedish) offered NO PROOF that it actually exists.
He doesn't mention if it's a 1.5J/U or E firmware only that he's updated from 1.3 to 1.5.
Other people across the globe have gone to the WiiShop & haven't seen any 'updates' yet either

As one poster had said
QUOTE said:
If there was an update it would be the Japanese that'll get it first
& once they get it I'm sure it'll be a Japanese that'll post the news

Shadraak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TY very much, updated to the new akaio, and loader earlier and updated to 1.4u everything working fine, now just to ge tsome of these old games off here and get some that i'll actually play, i can't find any of my old .sav's for my r4 that had pokemon diamond/silver on it, and what ones i can find dont work on here for some reason, i'm sure there's a fix around that as well, sux cause i had it all beat and a good set of stuff as well oh well
frown.gif
... heard there were new pokemon games coming out from gold/silver if i'm not mistaken or red/blue ca't remember, are they US yet or just jpn so far?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte