Hacking UPDATES - WiiU - SAFE ?

Deleted member 321527

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I am not as entrenched in the community as I should be, life has a funny way of keeping you busy. Has anyone indicated it was safe to go online? I happily run the virtual Wii, is it effected by any forthcoming updates if I do go online? Is the community advising on updates or do we hold at the current version? I don't want to miss out on a chance to root the device by allowing it to move forward.

SuM

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
a wiiU mode hack is not going to be coming ANY time soon

must have update to the 3.0.1 update

if you buy a system JUST to hack it and NOT BUY GAMES, WHEN NO HACK ARE OUT, why did you buy it?

DO NOT BUY a SYSTEM you you not going to buy games for it

Reactions: YellowYoYos

Deleted member 321527

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
what does "must have update to the 3.0.1 update" mean exactly?

Sounds like you are trying to put words in my mouth "buy a system just to hack it and not buy games.."

What are you talking about?

All I was looking for was a YES its SAFE to update or NO it is not. I bought the system to play the NEW Mario Brothers, it was an added bonus to be able to load the kids Wii games on to HD and launch from the virtual Wii.

Let me try to rephrase my questions, possibly I made it too complicated.

- Can I update the WiiU to the current version and it NOT effect my virtual Wii setup.
- Of the leaks we have seen with device rooted has an indication been given as to WHAT version they were running?

Maybe you could explain your initial response otherwise it really just looks like you are adding to your post count.

SuM

ruiner9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what Ryupower was kind of trying to say is; nobody has any clue. The general idea is that people who try to circumvent console security will do their best to release their first hack on the currently available firmware so that as many people as possible can take advantage of it. Sometimes that's just not possible, though. Does upgrading your firmware give you a feature you really want, or allow you to play a game you really want to play? Then go ahead and update. If an update doesn't offer you anything you wouldn't normally miss, then there's no reason to do it, right? there's a total 50/50 shot that a hack will be released in the near future, and above that, a 50/50 chance that said hack will use current firmware. I doubt even the person who would release said hack knows at this point.

So, there's no good answer. Just good advice. ;)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
In other words, since nobody has gone crazy screaming "don't update, save the children, the redcoats are coming...", it's probably safe to update. However, if you don't want to take the risk... Then postpone updating until you need to update.

I updated.

Deleted member 321527

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I appreciate all the input, I understand the cat and mouse game. I was never looking for anyone to speculate on the public release of a tool to hack the WiiU.

My two questions:
- Can I update the WiiU to the current version and it NOT effect my virtual Wii setup.
Looks like a "Should work" and " I updated" are the response here so far.

- Of the leaks we have seen with device rooted has an indication been given as to WHAT version they were running?
No comments here, I thought this one would be stretch.

ruiner9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate all the input, I understand the cat and mouse game. I was never looking for anyone to speculate on the public release of a tool to hack the WiiU.

My two questions:
Looks like a "Should work" and " I updated" are the response here so far.

No comments here, I thought this one would be stretch.

There are no updates for the Wii U currently available which affect the vWii in any shape or form. You can hack the vWii, and upgrade from ANY version Wii U firmware to ANY version Wii U firmware and your vWii hacks will remain intact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)