Updated to 4.3E, what to do now?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WoobiE, Jan 21, 2011.

Jan 21, 2011

Updated to 4.3E, what to do now? by WoobiE at 2:59 AM (1,994 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. WoobiE
    OP

Newcomer WoobiE Advanced Member

Australia
    I accidentally updated to 4.3E when playing Metroid Other M. Now I can't load BootMii from the HBC. I'm running latest HBC which is IOS58. I tried to reinstall BootMii from HackMii installer. I only get the option of installing as IOS. It says that it installs good but when I try to launch it from HBC it just goes into a blank screen and my TV gets a no signal. I don't know what to do now. I'm thinking of deleting the HBC and starting from scratch and using XFlak's ModMii for Windows guide. Can anyone give me some ideas of what I should do. Thanks.

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Delete the bootmii folder from the root of your SD card, plug it back into your Wii, launch the hackmii installer from the Homebrew Channel, prepare the SD card, and try installing it again.

3. WoobiE
    OP

Australia
    Thanks Lacius it worked. Now I can get into BootMii and backup my nand.

4. WoobiE
    OP

Australia
    Sorry for double posting. I was able to downgrade my Wii to 4.1E now, all problems solved.

5. jordan_ch

Newcomer jordan_ch Advanced Member

China
    [​IMG] congratulation!! And can you tell me how to downgrade you wii? use ARC(Anyregion changer)?

I suppose your former wii can install bootmii to boot2 or ios, and when you updated to 4.3E,you can only install bootmii to ios. Then tell me,after downgrated you wii to 4.1E,can you install bootmii to boot2 again??

6. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

yes he can

7. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    The official upgrade updates the boot2 version to boot2v4 (in other words: fixing the bug that allowed bootmii to be installed as boot2). However, I've heard that if you were able to install bootmii as boot2 before the upgrade, you can simply reinstall bootmii as boot2 after that upgrade. I haven't tested it myself (and I'm not going to), but it seems that it all comes down to the hardware (read: when the wii was bought). If you can't install bootmii as boot2 on one firmware version, it won't ever be able to install on another version.

@zizer: seriously, dude...do you know anything of softmodding, or are you just badly parroting what others say? This isn't the first time I've heard you proclaim random vague stuff that may look like advice, but it's getting annoying. Either get more specific about what you know or shut the hell up, but please...get rid of the Obama-impression, will ya?

*I don't view restoring a nand backup as "downgrading"...even though it may indeed end up with you having a lower version number

8. jordan_ch

Newcomer jordan_ch Advanced Member

China
    [​IMG] ohoh .....thanks a lot to you Mr Wever!!for your such detailed explanation.....