Updated supercard SD/MiniSD patching soft?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by pakoito, Feb 25, 2010.

Feb 25, 2010
  1. pakoito
    OP

Member pakoito GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Well, the soft hasn't been oficially updated since April from last year, so is there any scene update for the patching software? I'm tired of missing new releases like zelda because I can't patch them myself and I gotta wait for a working version...

2. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    You're better off just buying a DSone(i). The patcher might get updated again, but a lot of games just won't work, no matter what they do to them. Sorry. A new flashcard doesn't cost too much though.

3. pakoito
    OP

Member pakoito GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Yeah, I already took a look at some of the cheap ones, but I felt like keeping the GBA compatibility...guess that won't happen.

Thanks.

4. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    How about you buy a slot 1 and keep your Supercard for GBA compatibility? Makes sense to me, though Supercards are crap for GBA as they only support the slowest speeds for their RAM

5. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    That's what I did, I kept my Supercard slot 2, but only for homebrew, because believe it or not, I love the speed and simplicity of the menu that jumps on you as soon as you power on the DS......kind of like you launch Notepad on your PC.....
    But for GBA games I kept an M3 SD Perfect, it was expensive, but the SD slot was great for storage capability and easy and speed of transfer ( compared to traditional GBA flashcarts ) and the compatibility with games is nearly perfect ( hence the name ! )
    My only regret , I never found a retailer with an M3miniSD Perfect, the one with GBA support that fits flush in the GBA, I only found the professional wich didn't have the battery and the extra ram anyway.....Oh well...

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Yeah, if you get a slot1 for DS stuff and just use the Supercard for GBA stuff, you'll have your very own "pocket arcade" full of games from both the DS and GBA.

Between retail games and homebrew and emus across my CycloDS, and M3 Perfect, or Supercard MiniSD, or EZFlash IV (I have all 3), I have 700+ games (I'm gonna have to actually count them one day) at my fingertips in one handheld unit. 2gigs holds a lot of GBA stuff, couple that with my 16gig in the CycloDS and.....well.....game on!

I couldn't imagine just having a 3in1 for slot2, it had to be a dedicated cart like M3 Perfect, Supercard or EZFlash IV that I could load up with hundreds of games. And that's what I did. Being a person like me who bounces around from game to game, it's the best way to go.

There also the ability to dump DS games faster than the WiFi method if you have a slot2. So that's great too.