Update wii with wiikey?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by peppos, Nov 6, 2010.

Nov 6, 2010

Update wii with wiikey? by peppos at 10:29 PM (845 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. peppos
    OP

Newcomer peppos Newbie

Greece
    I'm trying to run a new game (PES 2011) and it tries to update my wii. I'm having a wiikey 2 in my wii, and i remember when i installed it i read somewhere that i should never try updating my wii. Should i proceed with the update or it will cause any problems?

2. taktularCBo

Member taktularCBo GBAtemp Fan

France
    With an ModChip you can always Update.

I updated all my Wiis, one with Wiikey II another one with Wasabi and the last one with WODE [​IMG]

Besides PES 2011 works, like all games, great on Wiikey II

3. Pete666

Member Pete666 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The only problem you'll probably have is that your wii won't be region free after the update..

Mine was okay, but after, can't play PAL games! (I'm Ntsc)

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If wiikey 2 is one of the good chips, then you can do any update you want as long as it is from the correct region.

There are some chip that can't handle the latest kind of 001 error or BCA protection(New Super Mario Bros), and then those games won't work from disc channel with the latest official update installed.

Oh and if you have trucha signed discs(patched in any kind), they will stop working. Your NSMB for example could be one of them, as many people need to patch it to play it.

It was never as region free as a loader anyways and i hope you know that. And when using a loader, Gecko OS, Gecko OS mod or SoftChip to name a few suited for modchip users, your Wii will be region free (again).

5. peppos
    OP

Newcomer peppos Newbie

Greece
    perfect! thank you!