Hacking update to specific firmware 9.2 for pkhex

Yehshuah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been reading some online stuff and I'm new to this. I have no idea how to get an 8.0 or below firmware to 9.2 so that I can use pokehex.

I'm looking into gateway right now. Not really sure what that does. People say pkhex will work when I turn my 3ds to gateway. Is there a specific firmware gateway will let me chose form when I install that to my 3ds?

someone said that if I have a firmware below 9.4 then I can just get rxtools and savedatafilter. Rxtools was confusing when I read about it.

is there a difference between web and save file injection? I read that web injection requires a specific firmware while using save files will just require me to have any old firmware. Does injection work with retail cartridge too or just rom? I heard gateway injections won't work with cartridge.

My final solution is to purchase ssb 3ds. I heard it updates to 9.0 firmware without wifi but that it also doesn't update the web browser so I don't know if that would be a problem. But if I can still inject without using web that would be ok?

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you need is rxtools and savedata filer. It should work on any emunand firmware. Just use savedatafiler to extract the pokemon save file, load it up using pkhex and reinject it back into the game. No need to update your firmware to 9.0.

Yehshuah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you need is rxtools and savedata filer. It should work on any emunand firmware. Just use savedatafiler to extract the pokemon save file, load it up using pkhex and reinject it back into the game. No need to update your firmware to 9.0.

by emunand firmware are you talking about any firmware prior to the update that blocked exploit? plus, does savedatafilter work for actual retail cartridges too? I'm guessing I don't need to use the web for rxtools and savedatafilter

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by emunand firmware are you talking about any firmware prior to the update that blocked exploit? plus, does savedatafilter work for actual retail cartridges too? I'm guessing I don't need to use the web for rxtools and savedatafilter

It should although i have never tried it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, My friend passed away 3 days ago. :( +1