Hacking update RX tools

darkblitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i dont need more stuff the only reason i use rx tools is for emulating 3ds / gba / gbc and snes games, and all of this can be done by emunand.
i have an other question but this does not have to do with rx tools direct
what was minaPasta again? i remeind when i want to emulate gba games i have to start miniPasta and install the gba games there, than switch to emunand and install them there also. is this still actual?
and luma works with the latest nintendo update so that i can use the eshop again and the latest game update for pokemon shuffle?

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop double-posting.

Look here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
It starts answering questions. Then the guide states:
"The benefits of arm9loaderhax over other Custom Firmware launch methods are numerous, and as such it is recommended to use this guide over any other that relies on outdated software (such as menuhax or rxTools)."

And that guide is a collaborative work between some of the most knowledgeable people in the scene. They know what they do.
Like I said no matter how Noob friendly you make something you're still dealing with Noobs so there are things they will miss during the installation process a lot of the people who are afraid of bricking are people who don't have money to be buying a system every time they're old one bricks it's people who are barely moving out of their parents house and have jobs,rent and other payments to make and can't be wasting their hard-earned money on a new system

With that said I answered this guy's question I bid you good-day

darkblitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh i have an other question. on the link xtheman166 gave is written under the point

What can I do with Custom Firmware?
run many old Nintendo DS flash carts that were blocked long ago or never worked on Nintendo 3DS"

is there a way that i can use my e7 (it is an r4 clone) again? it worked on a normal DS but not on a DS lite. can i bring it back with a CW or is there an other way to emulate normal DS games on o3DS?

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont need more stuff the only reason i use rx tools is for emulating 3ds / gba / gbc and snes games, and all of this can be done by emunand.
i have an other question but this does not have to do with rx tools direct
what was minaPasta again? i remeind when i want to emulate gba games i have to start miniPasta and install the gba games there, than switch to emunand and install them there also. is this still actual?
and luma works with the latest nintendo update so that i can use the eshop again and the latest game update for pokemon shuffle?
minipasta is a cfw kinda that allows you to modify your sysnand like install cia files it's best you don't mess around with it too much because that will brick your device.

Yes you still have to install GBA and DSIWARE on sysnand using minipasta and on emunand

yes luma works with the latest Nintendo update and you can access the eShop and everything

Reactions: darkblitz

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i have an other question. on the link xtheman166 gave is written under the point

What can I do with Custom Firmware?
run many old Nintendo DS flash carts that were blocked long ago or never worked on Nintendo 3DS"

is there a way that i can use my e7 (it is an r4 clone) again? it worked on a normal DS but not on a DS lite. can i bring it back with a CW or is there an other way to emulate normal DS games on o3DS?
You need luma3ds (https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade)
But you can use ntr launcher and it might work
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ntr-lau...ssic-ds-boot-screen-for-your-ds-games.440110/
Or https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/

darkblitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i feel realy dump, i downloadet the luma fime from your link you gave but my HBL dont show me any luma folder

darkblitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no i just put the luma folder (named Luma3DS-master) and put it on the root of my sd card and in the 3ds folder
i dont have a hax folder

Last edited by darkblitz,

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Nobody should install anything they're not comfortable with
You do realize that using RxTools -now- is an incredibly poor choice? It's almost duct-tape code.
Essentially you're telling him "yeah man just use tape on that extremely unstable plank and walk over it"
11.2 patched a pretty big flaw and there are no guarantees that the next update will work. He could even brick or get stuck onto a higher, unpatchable firmware on SysNAND.
There is 0 reason to keep using RxTools this late in the game. The plailect guide is retard proof at this point, it even has pretty pictures for people who are too dumb to read. A9LH+luma gives you more protection, is up to date and makes your 3DS unbrickable, out of Nintendo's hands if you know how to read.
There are no excuses, just lazyness, stubbornness and general stupidity. If you feel "comfortable" using an old, hacky, unstable, deprecated cfw full of issues and lacking features then keep using it. But don't cry when it fails because you were too much of a pussy to read an idiot proof guide.

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize that using RxTools -now- is an incredibly poor choice? It's almost duct-tape code.
Essentially you're telling him "yeah man just use tape on that extremely unstable plank and walk over it"
11.2 patched a pretty big flaw and there are no guarantees that the next update will work. He could even brick or get stuck onto a higher, unpatchable firmware on SysNAND.
There is 0 reason to keep using RxTools this late in the game. The plailect guide is retard proof at this point, it even has pretty pictures for people who are too dumb to read. A9LH+luma gives you more protection, is up to date and makes your 3DS unbrickable, out of Nintendo's hands if you know how to read.
There are no excuses, just lazyness, stubbornness and general stupidity. If you feel "comfortable" using an old, hacky, unstable, deprecated cfw full of issues and lacking features then keep using it. But don't cry when it fails because you were too much of a pussy to read an idiot proof guide.
what was the flaw they patched?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i just put the luma folder (named Luma3DS-master) and put it on the root of my sd card and in the 3ds folder
i dont have a hax folder
Download this https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v6.3.1/Luma3DSv6.3.1.7z
Put arm9loaderhax.bin on root of sd card and put the 3ds folder inside the hax folder on the root of the sd card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what was the flaw they patched?
A free downgrade method for 11.1 without dsiware/hardmod

darkblitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have done it but now there are so many choices
autoboot sysnand
and so on. what shall i choose? i only want emunand not sysnand...

darkblitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
okay thank you, now i got it. in system settings it shows me emu 11.1.0-34E.
can i now update the system in emunand to 11.2 or does it make problems in luma?

Reactions: xtheman

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay thank you, now i got it. in system settings it shows me emu 11.1.0-34E.
can i now update the system in emunand to 11.2 or does it make problems in luma?
You can update emunand safely now that you are using luma. Just make sure you your system settings says emu next to your version number.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress