UPDATE: Regarding the recent 3DS banwave

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Chary, May 25, 2017.

?

What do you think caused your ban?

1. Have you ever used a save editor?

219 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. Have you NEVER used a save editor?

113 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Did you have spot pass turned on?

233 vote(s)
    33.0%
  4. Is your console linked to an NNID, and you were banned?

103 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. Is your console NOT linked to an NNID and you were banned?

38 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. PF2M

PF2M Miiverse Hacker

Sep 8, 2015
    United States
    Ohio
    Well, at the moment, my copy of the Nintendo Network ID applet is broken, and I'm trying to fix it so I can use the NNID Settings app properly. It gives me an error telling me "you must connect to the internet to use this app" when I do anything in it, despite the fact that my internet is clearly working and everything else on my 3DS that I haven't modified works just fine. Once I fix that, I plan to run some testing, and then get in contact with a more experienced developer like @Nanquitas to see if a CFW or NTR plugin can be created to replace the DeviceCert in RAM with the files from another unbanned 3DS. Maybe then we'll have a fix to the issue.
    I probably won't respond to PMs asking for my old proxy applet that I've mentioned previously, as the proxy has proven to be really unstable and I still haven't tried to decrypt the New 3DS version of the applet. If I can't fix my 3DS's NNID applet soon enough, I'll instead release a bunch of information I have on account.nintendo.net with PC-compatible examples so you can all do your own research.
    I can't give an exact answer, but the BOSS applet sends certain information to Nintendo's servers whenever you do certain things like running an app (for the Friend List, for example), and everything else you do involving their servers. As one of the biggest companies out there, they take a LOT of analytics from everything they can take them from. Nintendo Network ID stuff for example is known to be heavily tracked by them, I've found secret things on their server that were quickly patched and my account banned solely because they knew where to look for me and I used their functions once. I was also able to see some of my dev NNID usage on the Account Developer Portal, and they have way more information internally than their public dev tools show. They've been collecting information on this stuff for a while, and only now are they starting to use it. Nintendo knows all.

Last edited by PF2M, May 25, 2017 - Reason: Correcting some errors.

2. clownb

clownb GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Yes, I am on 11.3 B9S O3DSXL and banned.

3. alkatraz91

alkatraz91 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2015
    Italy
    no.i
    f u are flagged i will be banned anyways

LunarD3ATH likes this.
  4. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    University of Shitpostology
    Good thing I haven't been banned ^_^

5. LunarD3ATH

LunarD3ATH Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2017
    United States
    Yeah, there are ways to unban by changing your seed. Look it up online or go back a few (dozen) pages and you should be able to find it @kralde

kralde likes this.
  6. suzsuzuki

suzsuzuki GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2016
    Brazil
    I'm really sad here. Cant accept this permanet ban. The only thbig I use CFW is to backup my saves and play homebrew games. All other games are legit.

Very sad here. I'll wait a bit more before start to uban my 3DS, and hope I don't lose my legit games and posts on miiverse

7. RustInPeace
    This message by RustInPeace has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 25, 2017, Reason: Calm down, he didn't say anything bad -rp.
    May 25, 2017
  8. toberkel

toberkel GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    My GF got one. What to do with an unhacked unbanned updated 3ds?

9. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    On the brighter side, people with ofw can at least have a clean game of Mario Kart 7. lol

10. kralde

kralde Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2009
    But it will work for good? My idea is to get unbanned and then delete any trace of a9lh by restoring my nand before touch anything.
    Will it work? :(

11. nitroBW

nitroBW warum nicht?

Nov 1, 2016
    Germany
    donut piss wasteland
    Won't change anything. If you use a seed from another person and that person gets banned, you will be banned too again.

Unbanning itself does work though

LunarD3ATH, kralde and Joel16 like this.
  12. GhostLatte
    This message by GhostLatte has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 25, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    May 25, 2017
  13. RustInPeace
    This message by RustInPeace has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 25, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    May 25, 2017
  14. nitroBW
    This message by nitroBW has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 25, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    May 25, 2017
  15. dinoson631

dinoson631 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    any sky3ds non-cfw users banned by any chance?

16. Pluupy

Pluupy Woof!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    The solution is to wait for the bans to stop rolling out, acquire a localfriendcodeseed_b file from an unbanned 3ds, and inject that shit into your banned 3ds.

There is a forum thread that offers a public LFCS file but that was due to the generous donation of one user who had four of them. The last one has yet to be released but thirsty fools already asking for it. Best bet is to get your own LFCS.

Might sound evil, but teeeeeechnically you could buy a 2DS ($80), hack it real quick, take it's LFCS, wipe that shit via nand reinstallation, and then return it...but that's frowned upon.

17. MashedPotatos

MashedPotatos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2017
    Mawrth Vallis
    If I turn off my wireless will I be safe from the ban wave and how long should I wait before turning it back on

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

18. kralde

kralde Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2009
    Thanks a lot.
    So, from your point of view, what you recommend in order to get stock and unbanned at the moment? I am more than happy to purchase another system, but I dont wanna lose all my purchases at all, and ill like to do a system transfer but...
    Any tips?
    Thanks and sorry!

19. toberkel

toberkel GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Yep, never used it. Banned :)

Sophie-bear likes this.
  20. nitroBW

nitroBW warum nicht?

Nov 1, 2016
    Germany
    donut piss wasteland
    The banwave is completely serverside, if you are flagged you will get banned sooner or later and turning everything off now is suspicious, dont you think?

21. kingaz

kingaz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2013
    United States
    Let's chill and get back on topic. Yeah, we've been banned. Yeah, it sucks, and it's probably permanent. But yeah, we probably earned our bans.

We are going to be able to unban ourselves, have no fear. The trick is to figure out what gave us away and how to prevent getting banned again.

nitroBW likes this.
  22. nitroBW

nitroBW warum nicht?

Nov 1, 2016
    Germany
    donut piss wasteland
    kralde, read this:

kralde likes this.
  23. ItsMetaKnight

ItsMetaKnight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2008
    Nobody knows.
    Nintendo might already know your 3DS was hacked and might just issue the ban for your console later, even while you're offline.
    But there's also a chance that Nintendo did not yet collect information about your 3DS and going online with a hacked 3DS from now on will most likely get you banned eventually.

24. TesseractStorm

TesseractStorm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Hmm. I just sold my formerly CFW'd 3ds to Gamestop. Hoping it doesn't wind up banned in a delayed reaction to my former use of it.

nitroBW likes this.