Hacking update over FPKG

Timilrath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You can't. In order to do that, you'd have to go full online aka using PSN, which is off limits. And even if you circumnavigated the barriers there and updated your PS4's firmware and tried to update the game, it would probably say that the file is corrupt and that you'd need to redownload all of it - just like it says when you try to run a fpkg without running HEN first.

EDIT: And there's also the fact that you cannot even fully update some fpkgs properly, because new patches require latest firmware - like with God of War - the initial game runs fine on 5.05, but the latest patch requires 5.53

Last edited by Timilrath,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok. i asked because i have a fpkg game ...booted hen and klicked on update...it loads the update. i aborted update and asked here because i was not sure

Timilrath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's surprising to hear it actually loaded the update, seeing as how PSN should ask you to update your OS to the latest firmware. Maybe that was what it was updating? Or maybe someone more knowledgeable can shed some more light on this topic for the both of us :)

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i thought the same....i aborted it because i didnt want accedently update my ps4

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that game was Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune....maybe the latest update works with 5.05 and thats why it loaded the update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs