Hacking Update My Wii

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Below is my current set-up on my Wii. I am looking to see what I should update. Also, I am trying to play COD:BO and it freezes at the loading screen. What can I update to get it working?

Thanks in advance!

4.2U, Homebrew 1.0.8
BootMii boot 2/IOS (NANDs of 3.4U, 4.1U, 4.2U), Priiloader 0.5 rev94
IOS58 rev 6175
cIOS 222, Hermes cIOS 222/223 rev 4, cIOS 249/250 rev14
Backup Loader Gamma v.3, NeoGamma r7, USB Loader GX 1.0 r938, WiiFlow 1.1, CFG USB Loader 57
WiiMC 1.0.9, WiiMC Channel
Verbatim 320 GB HDD

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have gecko....should I update my cIOS 222/223? I have seen a few things that talk about updateing with a base of 56?!?! What is that and what does it mean?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
install cIOS249v20[57] (u can download it in wad from from ModMii if you like)
update configurable usb-loader to the latest official full release (v60)
launch the game using 249
it will work now
to get online with multiplayer, u need to create 2 profiles, and actually begin the campaign with each of them. Then try using each profile to get online multiplayer working, it should work on the second profile u try (and then the first one will start working afterwards)

if u want, u can instead install cIOS249v20[56] and launch configurable v60 using 249 but launch the game with any cios with base 57

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
its the official IOS that your custom IOS (cIOS) is based on. If you're downloading cIOSs wads from ModMii, the base IOS is the one in square brackets.... ie. cIOS224v5[57] is base 57

I'm pretty sure u can use wiiflow... but I think u need to use a specific revision of wiiflow for COD BO to work, and I don't know which one. You can search for it if u like.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks XFlax. BTW, nice download instructions and guide incorporating Windows. I do have one question....by doing the ModMii, will it mess anything up on my currently modded Wii if I select that my Wii is a Virgin?

Secondly, is this the most recent wads and IOSs that are available right now?

Also, does this work on any Wiis? Does it matter what version or how old your Wii is?

Finally, is it necessary to update the channels and if I do, what is the advantage?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The only existing softmod that ModMii might "mess up" is darkcorp/cIOScorp. Using ModMii will update your IOSs, and overwrite the darkcorp'ed IOSs (totally sagfe to do). You will still be able to reinstall darkcorp afterwards if u so choose. But if you have darkcorp, and would like to avoid having to reinstall it, you can go into ModMii's options and disable updating active IOSs, thus preventing ModMii from overwriting darkcorp.

The most recent wads/IOSs are available via modmii
biggrin.gif

If your channels still work, then they are most likely still up to date and u don't need to update them. The only channel that is updated frequently is the shopping channel.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting an Microsoft error message that says...

"Unhandled exception has occured in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupted."

What am I doing wrong?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
XFlak said:
...check your internet settings, firewall settings, antivirus settings, make sure ur not behind a proxy, make sure u have free space, try restarting your PC, try performing a windows update, try (re)installing your .NET Framework 3.5. Anytime anyone has had a problem with ModMii, it has been one of those things.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlax, I am trying to launch IOS236 Installer and it keeps hanging up after I Press 1. I have waited till the flashing icon stopped, and even longer than 60 seconds....but it freezes at "Getting IOS236 revision 3351".

Any suggestions?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
you can try using simple IOS patcher, as that can do the same thing as IOS236 Installer. But if you keep trying, both of them WILL work (eventually).

What IOS is your Homebrew channel running? If it's not running on IOS58, make sure u have IOS58 installed, then reinstall the homebrew channel (this time it will install to slot58) then retry the IOS236 Installation step

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans