As if yesterday's emuiibo update was not enough, @XorTroll has also released a new version of his popular Nintendo Switch multi-tool and title installer! Goldleaf 0.6's biggest feature highlight is, without any doubt, a complete refactor of its USB install functionality: the old and limited one has been replaced with a fully-featured PC file browser. Instead of just sending a single NSP file over USB to your console, you will now be able to see a list of all the storage devices found on the computer running Goldtree - both internal (HDDs, SSDs, etc.) and external (microSDs, USB drives, ...). From there, you will be able to browse anywhere you like and choose whichever files you want to install!
Speaking of browsing, the file manager has also received two noteworthy quality of life improvements: you can now set a folder's archive bit easily (useful if your console's microSD has been formatted as FAT32 to make the Switch's OS treat its contents as a single file) as well as bulk install all NSPs found in a directory. Both options work globally so, yes, thanks to the previously mentioned PC browsing feature, bulk USB installs are now available!
Last, but not least, amiibo dumping is here too. It uses the same format introduced with emuiibo 0.3, making it a breeze to "virtualize" your real figures to use them in games without having to carry them around!
There have also been other smaller changes, like slightly faster NSP install times, skipping a title's required FW by default unless specifically changed in the config, automatically disabling sleep mode to prevent accidental interruptions and a built-in updater. If you want to know everything included in 0.6, you can read the changelog below:
Changelog said:(My god, it's been 4 months!)
I know, it's been a while! Go grab it while it's hot!
- NSP installs:
- As Goldleaf's internal filesystem handling has been completely remade, installs have been internally remade. This apparently results in slightly faster installs, at least in my case.
- Now the user won't be asked to ignore required firmware version or not, as that can be configured on the config.
- Sleep-mode is disabled now in order to avoid to interrupt installs.
- Now all the NSPs inside a directory can be installed in a row (see below).
- USB installs:
- USB installs have been improved into a new feature: remote PC browser!
- Now you can directly browse your PC, plus any drives connected to it, as a regular filesystem, same as SD card or console memory.
- It is also worth to mention that the new USB command system seems to be way, WAY more stable than any previous USB system in Goldleaf!
- Anyway, always keep in mind that it might freeze or cause bugs with folders with tons of files.
- File systems:
- Presenting the new, remade USB system: remote PC browsing!
- Instead of a simple connection, it's a whole filesystem implementation over USB.
- Browse your PC (Windows-only with Goldtree) directly from Goldleaf! Any extra drive inserted browsable by the PC will be browsable here.
- Since USB drives' support (fsp-usb service in Atmosphere) is still being worked on, you can use this system with drives inserted in your PC in order to browse or install files from there.
- Two simple, QoL features have been added to filesystems (to directories in this case): the option to install all NSPs within the directory, and the option to set the archive bit on it.
- For now on, Goldleaf main color will continue to be golden, but the "secondary" color along with gold is going to be blue.
- Therefore, both the icon and the main themes have been changed.
- Goldleaf auto-updating:
- Now Goldleaf supports updating itself, since https was supported on dkP. (this means direct access to GitHub for version checking and asset downloading)
- Nevertheless, now Goldleaf's NSP is a forwarder, what means that just by updating the NRO you will target Goldleaf from HOME menu as always.
- You can even upgrade the installed version if you want to!
- As you may suppose, this requires internet connection
- Amiibo dumping support
- A new option has been added to the main menu, which adds support to dump real amiibos to be used with emuiibo.
- Obviously, emuiibo 0.3 format is used. Please ensure you're also using the latest emuiibo version!
EDIT: A bug has been found which affects USB NSP installs with a file size of 4 GB or higher. @XorTroll will work on a fix in 0.6.1 but he's unable to work on it now. As such, users with FAT32 cards are advised to keep using the old version until the fix is released.
EDIT 2: Goldleaf 0.6.1 has been released, which fixes the aforementioned bug as well as a few other minor issues and crashes.
EDIT 3: Goldleaf 0.7 has been released and it focuses on improvements and bug fixes over the previous versions. A few new features have also been included, like local account unlinking.
Last edited by RattletraPM,