Hacking Update Game on 2.5.1 CBHC

blaze5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed some games I dumped from disc using wudump to a USB hard drive and I used to be able to update the games directly from the Wii U System Menu (2.5.1), but since the 2.5.2 firmware has come out it's requiring a system update before I can do a game update. I have DNS blocking the system update, but I can't update the games to the latest version anymore. Do I have to download the updates manually and install with WUP Installer Mod Y or is there an easier way to download the game updates from the Wii U itself without the system update prompt stopping me? I haven't been able to find anything about game updates after the 2.5.2 firmware. Thanks!!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed some games I dumped from disc using wudump to a USB hard drive and I used to be able to update the games directly from the Wii U System Menu (2.5.1), but since the 2.5.2 firmware has come out it's requiring a system update before I can do a game update. I have DNS blocking the system update, but I can't update the games to the latest version anymore. Do I have to download the updates manually and install with WUP Installer Mod Y or is there an easier way to download the game updates from the Wii U itself without the system update prompt stopping me? I haven't been able to find anything about game updates after the 2.5.2 firmware. Thanks!!
You could download and install the updates manually using WUP Installer. That is one option. Alternatively, you could run NNU-Patcher, and then you should be able to update your games the normal way.

blaze5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks sorry for the dumb question. I just thought of NNU-Patcher right before I saw your post and I'm installing updates. Is online still good for 2.5.1 or do I need to spoof the firmware version when launching a game?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks sorry for the dumb question. I just thought of NNU-Patcher right before I saw your post and I'm installing updates. Is online still good for 2.5.1 or do I need to spoof the firmware version when launching a game?
Online play still works on 5.5.1. At this time, there's absolutely no reason to spoof your software version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf