Hacking Update from Team Cyclops!

newyears1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to keep bitching about it..because I have that right. I bought the product..some games I want to run don't..and I can't get any support because when you click support you are directed to inactive forums.. =)

So regardless of reasons or whatever..I'll keep bitching..because I like it. Plus it's fun to see fanboys get mad.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

While you have the right to bitch, and I support it, I have a right to pose a counter-argument.

Also, if you bitch only to rial up the fanboys..... well, then you are a sad little man/woman if gets you your jollies.

newyears1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah I'm not a troll...and in fact I hate that term or when people use the term..it's old...and stupid. Just angry at the lack of support.

I got my Cyclo a long time ago..and admittedly I haven't used it in quite some time..but when I finally decided I'd like to use it..I couldn't, because the game I wanted to run wasn't supported. So I said ah no problem I will go over to the website and check for updates..well the website was down...and forums.

That was nearly 2 or 3 weeks ago...so yeah it is a bit frustrating.

It is still funny to see people get riled up and defend something when there's clearly a lack of support right now (regardless of the reason)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
At the time 5 or 10 DS releases weren't in a span of 2 days.
tongue.gif

newyears1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pluupy said:
Ahh...remember those times when updates were released every five or ten NDS releases? Yeah... Fun times.

smile.gif
Yup..but now since they have a new product and chance for more money... that doesn't happen.

Don't get me wrong..making money is great. New products are great. But supporting your older products that are still viable to keep customer base happy and coming back..should be a given
smile.gif

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Some official news :

QUOTE said:

Owing to shortages of one component used in manufacturing the iEVO cartridge, manufacturing has been delayed by about a month, meaning that shipments of the product will first be shipped second week January. We apologize to resellers and customers alike, however this is beyond our control.

Due to an internal miscommunication, we initially erroneously announced that our product in relation to DSi mode homebrew supported access to the DSi internal SD slot. We quickly amended the news post on our website after the posting, to clarify the features list. Regardless, access to the CycloDS iEVO MicroSD slot is obviously available to homebrew software.

In respect of DSi-enhanced ROM support which we promised for future release. Our team has been working hard to implement this feature to reward our loyal customers for their patience and support. We hope to please our users by announcing that BETA support is now in place for properly dumped DSi-enhanced ROM’s and this will be available ON RELEASE of the iEVO (for USA and European consoles). We will continue to improve and support DSi-enhanced ROM’s in the future and of course DSi mode support will be enabled in future iEVO firmwares for remaining regions of DSi consoles. We have seen mention of DSiWare ROM support. We are currently investigating this and hope to be able to support this feature in the future.

We hope that in future, review sites will seek clarification from us before posting unconfirmed news, to avoid confusion and to help protect the reputation of their site. Samples for review and homebrew developers are now being assembled and we will ship before general release to the public!

newyears1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda funny though.

I mean..they can't even get a website and forum up and running...update an older piece of software, basically because they are busy on a new product..and then they fail on the release of the new product even..

:\

I was going to buy a couple Cyclos for my kids DS's they are getting for Christmas..glad I didn't just up and buy it..

Everyone's telling me to get Supercard 2..good call.

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap... that last part sounds pretty unprofessional
frown.gif
I know GBATemp is big, but imo companies should address concerns without a a chip on their shoulder.

newyears1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IxthusTiger said:
Crap... that last part sounds pretty unprofessional
frown.gif
I know GBATemp is big, but imo companies should address concerns without a a chip on their shoulder.

Wow I didn't even read the whole thing. You're quite right..messing up then passing blame off to others is pretty sad... it just builds on the problems already existing and makes it worse...

Noob15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol already ordered a dstwo 3 days later i see this good things to kinda sick of the recent support from TC. Oh and ya it wasn't only me thinking TC of being really idiotic for putting hte blame on other websites when it was their fault and they were placing blame on others unsing information THEY provided. Ya not sure ill ever go back to TC and either way i don't got a DSi so evoi isn't worth it for a dslite oh well.

Guess im just annoyed with TC and this is the end of my rant
laugh.gif
i hope there isn't anyhting in this paragraph that makes me look like an ass
wink.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rofl.gif

And still not a single mention or suggestion regarding support for their current card? Nice.

"We hope that in [the] future, review sites will seek clarification from us before posting unconfirmed news, to avoid confusion and to help protect the reputation of their site."

Again...
rofl.gif

They're worried about the reputation of others, are they? That's precious.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob15 said:
lol already ordered a dstwo 3 days later i see this good things to kinda sick of the recent support from TC. Oh and ya it wasn't only me thinking TC of being really idiotic for putting hte blame on other websites when it was their fault and they were placing blame on others unsing information THEY provided. Ya not sure ill ever go back to TC and either way i don't got a DSi so evoi isn't worth it for a dslite oh well.

Guess im just annoyed with TC and this is the end of my rant
laugh.gif
i hope there isn't anyhting in this paragraph that makes me look like an ass
wink.gif

not true at all. they said nothing about dsiware in the original post. the only two things they said were about dsi homebrew and dsi games, one of which was not specific enough (the only thing that they did not say was that it could not access the sd slot) and the dsi enhanced games were coming soon.

what i think TC was upset about was about the dsi enhanced games, the original post said that they could not get it at all and that they were waiting for someone else to figure it out, which TC had never said that in any of the news until today, in which they said beta support will be out when the card is.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
MFDC12 said:
what i think TC was upset about was about the dsi enhanced games, the original post said that they could not get it at all and that they were waiting for someone else to figure it out, which TC had never said that in any of the news until today, in which they said beta support will be out when the card is.
They never said it because while it was true, they didn't want people to know it because they wanted to keep people thinking positive things about their upcoming product (after all, it is a company selling a product).

Now that the situation has changed they're doing their best to let people know it's no longer the case, however at the time of posting it was.

D

Deleted User

Those fakers finally put a notice up, they need to unlock the full DSi mode before I think of buying it.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rydian said:
MFDC12 said:
They never said it because while it was true, they didn't want people to know it because they wanted to keep people thinking positive things about their upcoming product (after all, it is a company selling a product).

Now that the situation has changed they're doing their best to let people know it's no longer the case, however at the time of posting it was.

Who cares whether it could run dsi enhanced games when they made their initial press release? They didn't say it could, so they aren't lieing. You can't even buy one yet.
The initial post was FUD & not news. Even if they don't start thinking about trying to get dsi games running until after the cart is out, they never promised it would work on launch.

And if you need it to work with dsi enhanced games, then don't buy it. Wait until it works or someone else makes a cart that does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far