Hacking Update file question.

QuantinTortellini

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hi, I have my 8.00 PS4 sitting there waiting for an exploit but problem is last time I hooked it to the internet, it downloaded the 8.03 update file. My question is, is it dangerous to just leave it be or do I need to delete the file?

Edit: Typo

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd delete it. my friend once had the system not only download the update but install it as well. delete it, then turn the internet off in network settings.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ever since 4.55 I think you can delete the update in the notifications area. I don't recall if it's for both incomplete and complete downloads though. formatting the hdd will get rid of it as well, but you'll lose everything.

Reactions: Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ever since 4.55 I think you can delete the update in the notifications area. I don't recall if it's for both incomplete and complete downloads though. formatting the hdd will get rid of it as well, but you'll lose everything.
I think you can only delete it using notifications if it is still dowloading/incomplete.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if that's the case, I'd format, but maybe make a backup first. I don't know if that will include software updates, but it might save you from losing everything. I don't think trophies are included though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1