Hacking Update emunand N3DS

PKNess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a game out there with 9.4, I forget which though. It's been mentioned in a few threads here.

Code Name Steam upload to 9.4 but only in NTSC, I mean USA consoles, so for EU consoles the only option at the moment is Cooking Mama on 9.2 wich dosn't allow amiibo features. :( DAMN GATEWAY, seriously how much it take to release a hotfix for 9.6 when roxas is already out?

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I think it was Inazuma Eleven Go: Chrono Stones - ThunderFlash and Inazuma Eleven Go: Chrono Stones - WildFire EUR. They have 9.4 :)

At least that's what I read here on GBAtemp in one of the posts.

PKNess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it was Inazuma Eleven Go: Chrono Stones - ThunderFlash and Inazuma Eleven Go: Chrono Stones - WildFire EUR. They have 9.4 :)

At least that's what I read here on GBAtemp in one of the posts.

Could be, I just checked 3DS Releases (http://3ds.essh.co/) and it dosn't show the FW, so could be. I will look for a backup. In the case that it update to 9.4 I must do it on the EMUNAND, because with a Sysnand, it gives me a brick. Am I rigt?

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Could be, I just checked 3DS Releases (http://3ds.essh.co/) and it dosn't show the FW, so could be. I will look for a backup. In the case that it update to 9.4 I must do it on the EMUNAND, because with a Sysnand, it gives me a brick. Am I rigt?

Of course, NEVER update your sysnand with a rom. It'll brick your console.

Reactions: PKNess

rfg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way of doing a system transfer without having latest firmware? Right now my old 3DS is on 9.5.0-23U (no emunand) and my new 3DS is on 9.0.0-20U (with emunand). I know that rxTools doesn't work on the new 3DS so I can't update my emunand to lastest. Do you guys know another way?

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you use gateway mode + d pad up or classic mode + d pad up when you update console?
I did the same thing, I used Xenoblade to update to 9.4. Just be sure you're holding d pad up while launching Gateway mode. It doesn't really do anything special - it just disables the firmware spoofing so that the cartridge doesn't think you've already updated.
Is there a way of doing a system transfer without having latest firmware? Right now my old 3DS is on 9.5.0-23U (no emunand) and my new 3DS is on 9.0.0-20U (with emunand). I know that rxTools doesn't work on the new 3DS so I can't update my emunand to lastest. Do you guys know another way?
Sorry, to my knowledge there is no way. rxTools could get most of your stuff over manually, but we don't have it working on n3DS right now. You're better off doing what I did - just backup all your saves and move your games over. If you need to update your emuNAND to 9.4 to get Amiibos working (note that 9.6 is the latest right now and isn't supported), just use either Xenoblade or any other 9.4 game.

Reactions: NintendoFan3DS

rfg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did the same thing, I used Xenoblade to update to 9.4. Just be sure you're holding d pad up while launching Gateway mode. It doesn't really do anything special - it just disables the firmware spoofing so that the cartridge doesn't think you've already updated.

Sorry, to my knowledge there is no way. rxTools could get most of your stuff over manually, but we don't have it working on n3DS right now. You're better off doing what I did - just backup all your saves and move your games over. If you need to update your emuNAND to 9.4 to get Amiibos working (note that 9.6 is the latest right now and isn't supported), just use either Xenoblade or any other 9.4 game.

How about the NNID? Would I lose the association to my games on the new 3DS? Do you have any tutorial where I can go through this process?

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about the NNID? Would I lose the association to my games on the new 3DS? Do you have any tutorial where I can go through this process?
Sorry, can't help you there. My New 3DS isn't from my region, so I can't transfer my NNID even if I wanted to. My solution is to just use rxTools on another 3DS to boot into 9.6 emuNAND, use the eShop, and if I ever end up downloading or buying something, I can easily use FunkyCIA2 to make a cia that I can then install on my New 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power outage and thus no internet
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ have you played super smash flash 2?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Not really.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, ok sorry
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh, no need to apologize. Thanks for asking.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You ever played Super Mario Crossover Flash?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You ever played Super Mario Crossover Flash?