Update acekard without a second DS?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by wiibob, Jun 7, 2011.

1. wiibob
    OP

wiibob GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    New York
    well i jumped the gun and updated my 3ds last night but of course the acekard stopped working. [​IMG] , is their a way to update without a second ds?

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    No.

You need one of these two things.
    [*]A DS unit that will currently boot the flash cart.[*]A DS unit that allows cart swapping, and another flash cart that runs on it.
    1 is not true with you, and 2 is not true with the 3DS (no cart swap).

3. alphanovember

alphanovember Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2011
    United States
    I have one DSi XL and need to update Acekard2i to the 1.4.2 firmware. Am I screwed?

4. s4mid4re

s4mid4re  

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    borrow one

5. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Feb 10, 2011
    The EoF
    Yep, if it's already on 1.4.2 you're screwed. You'll need a 3DS less than v2.0.0-2, a DSi less than 1.4.2, a DS Lite or a DS Phat. borrow one?

6. molh394

molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2004
    Senegal
    We should start writing a guide on borrowing DS lites/phats from people. Way too many people have been needing it recently.

7. doyama

doyama GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2006
    United States
    I suppose if I had an issue I'd just ask my friends at Gamestop for a used DS I could borrow for like 10 seconds. The Gamestop 'people' are ok really. Just regular people with a crappy job. As 'employees' they're annoying but they have to be because of all the stupid shit the regional managers make them do. While I despise Gamestop as an organisation, the people working there are ok (though of course you end up with the occasional douche bag in any working place [​IMG])