Homebrew Update 11.2 and homebrew

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am using OoThax to get to homebrew launcher...

i see so that means you are merely relying on your OOTHax to get to Homebrew Launcher then.. in answer to your question, yes it is possible to install Luma.. pls follow the guide on the link i just gave to you.. you would need CFW which the guide will tell you what to do and the things you need to be able to install Homebrew Launcher as a .cia and FBI, etc..etc..

FLjavi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, 'preciate the help. Unfortunately, that link you provided me with keeps mentioning that I need to DOWNGRADE my n3ds XL firmware to 9.2 in order to get CFW running.

I have yet to perform a system downgrade. Is there ANY WAY POSSIBLE on firmware 11.2.0-35U to open/install .cia files through OoThax?? This is ultimately my goal without the desire to downgrade firmwares at the moment... I apologize if I am being redundant...

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Thanks, 'preciate the help. Unfortunately, that link you provided me with keeps mentioning that I need to DOWNGRADE my n3ds XL firmware to 9.2 in order to get CFW running.

I have yet to perform a system downgrade. Is there ANY WAY POSSIBLE on firmware 11.2.0-35U to open/install .cia files through OoThax?? This is ultimately my goal without the desire to downgrade firmwares at the moment... I apologize if I am being redundant...
You need to install CFW in order to use Cias, and the best way to boot CFW can only be installed on 2.1 (hence the need of a downgrade)

FLjavi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya... i understand. I guess I am getting a little greedy attempting to run ps1 games at full-speed on my n3ds XL. Oh well...

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ya... i understand. I guess I am getting a little greedy attempting to run ps1 games at full-speed on my n3ds XL. Oh well...

sorry i cant be more clear, you need to downgrade initially to be able to run CFW, FBI, and install .cia .. when all is done then you could go back to 11.2 without losing cfw and homebrew.. i am currently running Luma+a9lh sys11.2 with all my games and homebrew intact..by the way, regarding PSOne games, i dont think the 3DS is the best console for it but certainly it could run PSOne games tho not buttery smooth..

Last edited by owek1,

FLjavi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya, i've thought about it and if I want to play ps1 games on the go, i'll just get a ps vita. Thanks anyways.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ya, i've thought about it and if I want to play ps1 games on the go, i'll just get a ps vita. Thanks anyways.

if you only care for PSOne games then a PSP Go or PSP2000/3000 is perfect for the job..and it is a lot cheaper than a Vita plus easier to hack..

ethanwdp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on a 9.2.0 o3DS with Luma and AL9h (downgraded from 10.7.32u), alongside with backups and FreakyHax Deluxe. To my knowledge it is safe to upgrade to 11.2, but should I?

I want to play 3DS games, but many of them require a higher system firmware as 9.2.0 is old as dirt. I've tried Googling how to simply specifically update to a certain firmware with a fully shacked 3DS, but to no avail.

So is it worth the upgrade? Will it break any existing homebrew (i.e FBI, or my GBI cia's, etc)? My Google-fu is only bringing up threads that say it is safe to update, but no information as to what it might break other than a few entrypoints (which, since I'm on AL9h+Luma, I should be fine without).

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a 9.2.0 o3DS with Luma and AL9h (downgraded from 10.7.32u), alongside with backups and FreakyHax Deluxe. To my knowledge it is safe to upgrade to 11.2, but should I?

I want to play 3DS games, but many of them require a higher system firmware as 9.2.0 is old as dirt. I've tried Googling how to simply specifically update to a certain firmware with a fully shacked 3DS, but to no avail.

So is it worth the upgrade? Will it break any existing homebrew (i.e FBI, or my GBI cia's, etc)? My Google-fu is only bringing up threads that say it is safe to update, but no information as to what it might break other than a few entrypoints (which, since I'm on AL9h+Luma, I should be fine without).
You're safe to update. Nothing will break unless you use NTR at all. BootNTR Selector works on the latest firmware. Also make sure Luma is up to date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.