Homebrew Update 11.0 and Homebrew

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is the second time I've seen you bump a thread less than an hour after your post. People aren't at your mercy to respond, post, wait, and if someone answers, awesome. If it's been more than a day or the post moves beyond the first page, then yeah, bumping may be required. But damn dude, give it time.

In regards to CN for 11.0.0, while the site does let you select 11.0.0, it generates the same QR code as 10.7.0 at this time, so no, CN is NOT updated for 11.0.0

Reactions: Xiphiidae

BruceJackieJetLeeLiChan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
OOThax: Works (CFW only :()

-------------------------------------------------

What does this mean exactly? That means you cannot go into HB Menu anymore with OOThax? What's with the CFW Only? Wasn't it just a way into homebrew menu not your CFW nand?

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OOThax: Works (CFW only :()

-------------------------------------------------

What does this mean exactly? That means you cannot go into HB Menu anymore with OOThax? What's with the CFW Only? Wasn't it just a way into homebrew menu not your CFW nand?
It means you are only able to get into the homebrew menu from OOThax if you're using a CFW.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In regards to CN for 11.0.0, while the site does let you select 11.0.0, it generates the same QR code as 10.7.0 at this time, so no, CN is NOT updated for 11.0.0
^This. Why does everyone think that Ninjhax has been completely fixed on 11.0? A QR code is not a release in itself. People shouldn't be so hasty; when Smea releases 11.0 fixes for Ninjax/OoThax, he will tweet about it.

I got into OOTHax without CFW you just have to try a lot of times
Due to the ALSR mitigation in place, it does have a very slight chance of working on 11.0, so I guess by 'unusable on 11.0', really means 'very impractical for regular use on 11.0'.

ThatNintendoNerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^This. Why does everyone think that Ninjhax has been completely fixed on 11.0? A QR code is not a release in itself. People shouldn't be so hasty; when Smea releases 11.0 fixes for Ninjax/OoThax, he will tweet about it.
Sorry, I just kinda restarted 3DS hacking after cubic ninja which I just bought. I'm a noob at 3DS hacking stuff. Wii U is different for me.

satelman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work though? I just got Cubic Ninja today, cleared its data, and when I scan its QR code, it just crashes back to home menu and restarts. Done this about 10 times already. And just tried again.
(I have homebrewed before, so I have boot.3dsx)
Using New 3DS XL 11.0.0-33U SysNAND.
Can you help or anyone?

I am also having that same problem. I scan the new 11.0.0-33.U QR code and it still gives me the same error message, prompting a system restart. Is there something else we have to do first?

Have you switched on your Wi-Fi before using the QR code?

Last edited by satelman,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry, I just kinda restarted 3DS hacking after cubic ninja which I just bought. I'm a noob at 3DS hacking stuff. Wii U is different for me.
No problem.
Have you switched on your Wi-Fi before using the QR code?
[As far as I understand it,] on 11.0 internet access is still blocked in Cubic Ninja, so while there's the option for an 11.0 QR code on Smea's Ninjhax site, the QR code itself will not actually work (yet), nor will the hax itself work on 11.0 if you install it via an 11.0 QR code on a 10.7 or lower 3DS.

satelman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem.

[As far as I understand it,] on 11.0 internet access is still blocked in Cubic Ninja, so while there's the option for an 11.0 QR code on Smea's Ninjhax site, the QR code itself will not actually work (yet), nor will the hax itself work on 11.0 if you install it via an 11.0 QR code on a 10.7 or lower 3DS.

I see. I thought internet access was finally fixed. Pity.

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
So what's the current method if any to get Homebrew on a 11.0 N3DS without CFW?
I have Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon carts. I also have vvvvvv on my N3DS that I bought over a year ago.

OoT is not currently a reliable way to load HomeBrew on 11.0, because of a change in memory allocation functions that added pseudo-random canaries (random + hash of contents) to help detect corruptions.

PSMD reportedly still works on 11.0.

I don't know about vvvvvv.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
VVVVVV still works as an entry point in 11.0 if you previously have installed in it the hax for 10.7.0-X, but VVVVVV can"t be bought or redownlaoded anymore from eShop because of (v*)hax.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VVVVVV still works as an entry point in 11.0 if you previously have installed in it the hax for 10.7.0-X, but VVVVVV can"t be bought or redownlaoded anymore from eShop because of (v*)hax.
Its a shame really. I was actually thinking about buying it, but now my only option is to pirate. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: :rofl2: