Homebrew Update 10.7 and homebrew

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Damn, so it's confirmed that they fixed that? That's a real shame. At least it'll still work on 9.9 to 10.6

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I still don't know what's different besides the browser version.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Damn, so it's confirmed that they fixed that? That's a real shame. At least it'll still work on 9.9 to 10.6

"The only actual code change with Old3DS/New3DS browser v10.7 was that the code which calculates the diff_timestamp was moved to immediately after the block which initializes <state_timestamp> when <state_timestamp> is all-zero. This fixed the browser-version-check bypass."

https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Internet_Browser#v10.7_2

Basically, they fixed a silly mistake they left in, which is what allowed it in the first place.

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
This is off-topic XD but the way I discovered .CIA installation was accidental.

I thought it was a shortcut creator (I suspected the big size but anyways I concluded it as a shortcut creator) XDD
Then, Paper Jam starts; me be like ":wtf::ninja::ph34r::lol::rofl::rofl2: I did it!"

Reactions: Just Passing By

Insertology

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well... I have none of those. And smashHax only works on the New3ds right? And whats the sysupdater, is it for downgrading?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Well... I have none of those. And smashHax only works on the New3ds right? And whats the sysupdater, is it for downgrading?
You'll need one of the three exploits I mentioned to get homebrew on a 10.6 or 10.7 3ds. SmashHax only works on n3ds. Sysupdater can be used to downgrade to 9.2 for CFW, but it requires homebrew.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States

You'll need one of the three exploits I mentioned to get homebrew on a 10.6 or 10.7 3ds. SmashHax only works on n3ds. Sysupdater can be used to downgrade to 9.2 for CFW, but it requires homebrew.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also:
Yes sysupdater is used for downgrading. Just go to your nearest Gamestop and pick up OOT+Powersaves.

Reactions: Just Passing By

Insertology

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, thanks. So, I guess I'll just have to wait and see if browserhax will work again. I dont really want to use my New 3ds because I want to play the games that come out.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks. So, I guess I'll just have to wait and see if browserhax will work again. I dont really want to use my New 3ds because I want to play the games that come out.
Are you concerned about bricking it? Everything is very safe right now, and when you get everything set up, you'll be able to play games normally.

On your o3ds you can get it working for about 40 dollars using OOT3DS and a powersaves. I expect browserhax may work eventually, because it uses webkit which is extremely buggy, but that's just speculation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!