Hacking WIP Upcoming update for the SwitchBru DNS

F4mouZSt4r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then I get this message

That's a problem, that few ppl have now.

Look here something interesting.

There is a additional "super update nag", as users from different FW are having the issue, even after clearing it. The thing is we thought this was just for newer devices, but now it seems thats not the case.

Untitled.png

F4mouZSt4r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait: It worked for you, but suddenly stopped?

I think its not the problem of SwitchBru cuz the DNS of HBL doesnt work either!

Could people having issues try putting in the HBL server as their DNS server?

it's address is: 104.236.106.125

I'm interested in knowing if it still wants you to update or if it displays the HBL page (HBL exploits won't work though, of course)

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wait: It worked for you, but suddenly stopped?

Yes after using this new updated DNS.

Can not connect to eshop without it requesting an update.

Can not connect to the new DNS without an update.

I'm on 4.1.0 this is a HUGE ISSUE.

As of right now I feel like even if 4.1.0 seen homebrew my device would not be able to run it as of right now and what has just happened.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think its not the problem of SwitchBru cuz the DNS of HBL doesnt work either!

But I was able to use dns a few minutes ago now the system is trying to force an update every way possible. Even just opening eshop says a system update is required. This just started I can not connect to the internet in any way without a system update.

D

Deleted-442439

We are getting closer! Seems Nintendo's aqua server has been updated, will get back to u guys asap, but people need to look at this more

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
We are getting closer! Seems Nintendo's aqua server has been updated, will get back to u guys asap, but people need to look at this more

Feel like I'm a victim of a direct attack for nothing. I did nothing wrong and just like that my system feels locked down in such a weird way. Might make a YouTube video of this.

D

Deleted-442439

Feel like I'm a victim of a direct attack for nothing. I did nothing wrong and just like that my system feels locked down in such a weird way. Might make a YouTube video of this.

Wait until we understand the technical side of this, once we know what causes it we can get a fix.

Reactions: Leonidas87

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Can you try rebooting into maintenance mode (turn off switch, hold volume buttons while powering on) to clear the update nag, then reboot again and try to connect to the Internet?

D

Deleted-442439

Also:

Can people record what happens when u try to connect? (record the screen or take a picture)

D

Deleted-442439

It looks like there is a hardcoded value that could be changed when on the internet even with DNS using the webauth applet to enable this super update nag O_O
upload_2018-4-29_23-30-41.png

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
It looks like there is a hardcoded value that could be changed when on the internet even with DNS using the webauth applet to enable this super update nag O_O
View attachment 121773

This is a HUGE ISSUE. As of right now I have a 4.1.0 Switch that will be unable to use Homebrew even if it was released today for 4.1.0 CRAZY.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt