Upcoming games

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by prowler, Jan 16, 2010.

Jan 16, 2010

Upcoming games by prowler at 7:19 PM (3,155 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - 01/19/10- Released and dumped!
    Shattered Memories marks Silent Hill's debut on the Nintendo Wii where the fear is more real than ever before. Players will be drawn into the mysterious town using the Wii Remote as a flashlight and a cell phone as they search for clues. Also available on the PS2 and PSP, Shattered Memories promises to be more terrifying than ever. The choices the players make will shape Harry Mason, as well as the people he meets and the places he visits. The enemies evolve as well, taking the form of the player's deepest fears.[/p]
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Shadow of Destiny - 01/26/10
    Shadow of Destiny puts players in the role of Eike, a 22-year old man who is about to embark on the most important quest of his life, solving his own murder. Using a special time travel device, players will guide Eike through multiple time eras ranging between the 1500s, to present day, in attempt to find clues to unlocking the mystery behind his death. But remember, what you do in the past will affect the present.[/p]

Armored Core: Silent Line Portable - 02/04/10
    Set in a post-apocalyptic future, Armored Core 3 depicts a world where mankind has begun to live underneath the Earth's surface after a catastrophic global nuclear war broke out on the surface. The human beings who survived formed a subterranean society called "Layered". Layered is ruled by an AI simply known as "The Controller", and it dictates nearly everything that goes on in this world. The two major corporations, Mirage and Crest Industries, and a somewhat smaller one called Kisaragi, all vie for dominance and control over Layered's land and assets. All is not right with The Controller however, and odd events keep happening. With the number and scope of these errors, some might even go so far as to suggest that the logic system is failing...[/p]

Dante's Inferno - 02/05/10
    Dante's Inferno will take gamers to the western world's most definitive view of the afterlife as created by the 13th century Italian poet Dante Alighieri. Each of the nine circles will showcase its own distinct look, with demons, monsters and geography that are crafted straight from the poem's vivid descriptions. Using Death's Scythe and Beatrice's Holy Cross, and a slate of magic powers with a deep, customizable upgrade system, players will experience a fast and fluid 60 frames-per-second gameplay experience.[/p]

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 - 02/11/10
    Continuing to build on the legacy of the critically-acclaimed and hugely popular Fireteam Bravo series, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 has players lead a 4-man fireteam of U.S. Navy SEALs in an action-packed military hunt for weapons of mass destruction and an ex-KGB agent. Not only as the SEAL Commander will you be supported by 3 AI teammates executing the very latest SOCOM team-based tactical, stealth and action maneuvers, but you can easily bring your friends online by playing in a new 4-player co-op mode throughout the single player campaign in both Ad Hoc and Infrastructure, a first on the PSP.[/p]

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - 02/23/10
    While seemingly placid on the surface, the world of Lunar is slowly descending into chaos, as the Goddess Althena, the creator and guardian of the world, has disappeared and the valiant efforts of the legendary Dragonmaster Dyne and his faithful companions fade into obscurity. With Althena gone and no one able or willing to become the next Dragonmaster, a shadowy figure, known only as the Magic Emperor, has started plotting to usurp Althena's place and become a god. In a remote village far removed from the decay that is slowly spreading throughout the world lives a young man named Alex, who dreams of one day becoming the next Dragonmaster like his hero Dyne. One day, Alex's friend Ramus convinces him to head towards a cave near town, where it is rumored the legendary White Dragon resides. With Alex's adopted sister Luna and his mysterious pet Nall in tow, Alex heads off on what seems to be a meaningless adventure, not knowing that it would be the first step in an epic journey with the fate of the entire world at stake. Download link for Luna demo is here.[/p]

Mimana Iyar Chronicles - 03/30/10

Mimana Iyar Chronicles blends the traditional RPG elements of vast map exploration and treacherous dungeon spelunking. Engage in fast-paced battles in a quasi-3D environment where you control the character�s movement and actions, and strategically command your party to turn the tide of battle. Your actions dictate how the story unfolds, through numerous fully-voiced event sequences.[/p]

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - 05/25/10

METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER marks the return of the world-renowned stealth-action series. Hand-crafted by series creator Hideo Kojima, the all-new sequel delivers an original game design, story, and scenario as it picks up where METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER for the PlayStation 2 leaves off.[/p]

Hexyz Force - 05/25/10

Hexyz Force for PlayStation Portable is a traditional RPG taking place in the world of Berge. This world has two sides to it, one light and one dark. Accordingly, the player will be able to choose between two different protagonists at the game's beginning. In the light scenario, the protagonist is a shrine maiden by the name of Cecilia, whereas the dark part's hero is a knight called Leevan. Depending on this choice, the setting, story and characters will change fundamentally.[/p]

The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest - Q2 2010

In The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest, players assume the role of Aragorn to take on his greatest quests from The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Wielding a sword, shield, bow and spear, fans will battle enemies, lead armies and journey through a colorful and fresh rendition of Middle-earth. Players can even switch between spear and sword on horseback; taking down evil foes in an action-packed gameplay experience. Two-player co-op gameplay featuring Gandalf allows kids, families and friends to work together in the heart of the action.[/p]

Dates may be in-correct.
    Do not ask when the game will be dumped, nobody knows.
    All dates are USA releases.

2. dirty_harry

Member dirty_harry GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Good post. Compared to the DS, there are fewer "anticipated" titles because I think its harder to churn out a 'great' looking game on the PSP due to the nature of the system and its graphical capabilities. People just expect more and thus, I think we get fewer great titles. Just my two cents.

Cant wait for MGS obviously. [​IMG]

3. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I agree on that 100%
    While the NDS get tons of great titles, its easier to make a game on the NDS then PSP.
    Shame PSP's don't get many RPG's. Mainly action/shooters

4. megabug7

Member megabug7 Forum Relic

United Kingdom
    Lunar........Silver Star again!? (just another title)

Haven't they already ported this twice before?

Lunar Legend
    Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (Working Designs did a GREAT job, and is the best version IMO)

So what will they tack on to this I wonder.......

5. dirty_harry

Member dirty_harry GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yeah I wish there were too. But hey we have the PSone RPG's, and the PSone was a console that had some AWESOME (J)RPG's. Some even say the 'golden age'. But the PSP doesn't/didn't really have any exciting IP's, just a few 'reliable' ports and remakes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

6. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States

it is that same game as the ps1 game, new graphic and maps, and more
    if you like to see what it is like
    the demo is on the PSN now
    the demo clear data will unlock stuff in the full game

7. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Is the demo in English? Work on GEN D3?
    I might try it. Thanks for info.

8. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    yes, English
    and
    yes, Works on 5.50 gen-d3(or Patch and decrypt, it will work on 5.00 m33-6)

[​IMG]

9. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I already beat that game twice (PS1, GBA), I'd like to see Lunar 2, if they really have to do a remake.

Lunar 1 was a great game however.

Wynd

10. Shardnax

Member Shardnax GBAtemp Regular

United States

With as awesome as the sprites/backdrops are in SSH I hope they release Eternal Blue (whatever they will call it).

11. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Download link for Luna demo is here.
    Works on M33 and up

12. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Would be nice to hear more about Resident Evil Portable, if it still exists.
    The Duke Nukem games don't sound too bad, well compared to the DS versions.
    Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake is something I want.

Apart from RE, all of these and the ones mentioned in the OP are set to be released before May so hoping there'll be more soon.

I can see a Uncharted game coming perhaps but I'm sure there'll be few more big games announced when they do another PSP revisision. [​IMG]

13. megabug7

United Kingdom
    The Lunar demo is awesome and uses parts of the Working Design production [​IMG]

14. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    Looking forward to Armored Core : Silent Line Portable, Dante's Inferno, and MGS Peace Walker.
    Hope you will update this thread periodically, deanxxczx [​IMG]

15. Excellentnuke

Member Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm really looking forward to Dante's Inferno, SOCOM, and Peace Walker.

I had to read Dante's Inferno for my literature class last semester, and I liked it. The 360 demo also looks pretty good.

I loved the latest SOCOM game (I forgot what it's called >

16. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Added two more releases [​IMG]

17. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Meh, I'm not looking forward to any of those... The PSP seriously needs more new good games. I'm only anticipated for KH BBS...

18. megabug7

United Kingdom
    Shadow of Destiny(Memories)

Another port of a game that came out in the PS2's infancy

19. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    hexyz force and mimana iyar chronicle?

god i can't believe this all the game i want to play pouring out at once

20. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I missed Hexyz Force and Mimana Iyar Chronicles [​IMG]
    They look like decent games too. Updated post.