Hacking Unusual Question..

Mohawkinist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I love the music on Taiko no Tatsujin.I want to record the music with it's crisp quality. Is there a clean excellent solution?

-Any sorta audio product that has a headphone plug that goes into something that records sound?
-Any way to listen to it on computer? I thought about an emulator but it runs too damn slow with a game running.
-I could put a sound recorder up to the speaker but that makes a low quality audio.

Puzzled beyond imagination, anyone got ideas?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Mohawkinist said:
So I love the music on Taiko no Tatsujin.I want to record the music with it's crisp quality. Is there a clean excellent solution?

-Any sorta audio product that has a headphone plug that goes into something that records sound?
-Any way to listen to it on computer? I thought about an emulator but it runs too damn slow with a game running.
-I could put a sound recorder up to the speaker but that makes a low quality audio.

Puzzled beyond imagination, anyone got ideas?

3.5mm (size of the jack on most headphones) to 3.5mm cable, plug one jack into the DS, plug the other into your Line In. Once it's playing on your computer, you could probably Stereo Mix it.

Note: I have no idea whether or not that could work.

Mohawkinist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i'd have to look for such a cable?

I dont think i've heard of such a thing.

I have a 3.5mm jack to the Standard L&R audio cables, the ones like on consoles (yellow, white, red).

I can use that and hook it up to my old radio, i thought that might be able to record on a tape, if I even have one around the house.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Mohawkinist said:
so i'd have to look for such a cable?

I dont think i've heard of such a thing.

I have a 3.5mm jack to the Standard L&R audio cables, the ones like on consoles (yellow, white, red).

I can use that and hook it up to my old radio, i thought that might be able to record on a tape, if I even have one around the house.

They do exist, and I think they cost a few bucks from any Electronics retailer.

Still, it's just a theory.

ShigeruTR

Trophies
Website
www.dijikent.com
XP
Country
You can play Osu! for PC
Osu have Taiko mode , it's nice.
I play everyday with my friends. ( Carameldansen , Hare Hare Yukai -__-'' )

Edit: Oh no.
Osu have Taiko 1 Songs just if you want you can find.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just use a male-to-male audio cable. I got one with my computer speakers, but you can find them at most stores that sell audio cables.

Once it's hooked up, you'll want a decent sound recorder program. I've always used Wavepad, but Audacity is a good free recorder. All you need to do then is change your recording settings to record from what the speakers would normally output rather than what the microphone receives. In XP, you can do this by opening up Volume Control, clicking Options - Properties, ticking the "Recording" button, and hitting Okay. Change the checkbox from Microphone to the appropriate setting (probably Stereo Mix or something similar), then start recording in your audio recording program. Mess with volume levels as needed in both Volume Control and the recording application.

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
Yeah, just use a male-to-male audio cable.

Thats what I do to record sounds from DS games.
happy.gif

Best way to get quality DS sounds.

Mohawkinist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that sounds like an idea..

But, just out of curiousity, will this work?
self made:
3.5mm Audio - to PC microphone 3.5mm?

edit:

10 mins after this post: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I FOUND A MALE TO MALE!!!!!! NO NEED TO BUY OR MAKE ONE SEEEEN!! my iDog came with one, im hella happy yo.

but am i plugging the end to the computer's speakers mic or the other jack? I found a red, green and blue. red = mic, green = speakers, blue = i have no idea.

Edit: nevermind it was the Mic

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Mohawkinist said:
that sounds like an idea..

But, just out of curiousity, will this work?
self made:
3.5mm Audio - to PC microphone 3.5mm?

Could you explain that a bit better? I don't really understand what you're trying to say by it...

If you mean plugging a microphone in, I don't think that'll accomplish anything.

If you mean you've spliced two cables together, then try it.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can plug it into the mic port if you want, though it would probably be better to plug it into the green line-in port and then change your recording settings to record from this instead. This also makes it easier to play the DS's audio over your PC speakers, as you won't have to unmute the microphone setting in the playback volume control.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay