Unsure which one I should upgraade to...

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Princess Rozalin, May 10, 2011.

1. Princess Rozalin
    OP

Member Princess Rozalin †GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†

United States
    Okay so recently I saw my mom with a new Cellphone called I think Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G (I think) so I been thinking of Upgrading from my Old worn Out Instinct Phone I admit I was a Bit Jelous of my mom phone (just a bit) So I been thinking of Upgrading to it although I saw another Cellphone which caught my attention called HTC EVO 4G.So I'm not sure which one I should upgrade to.So anyone with these Two phones or experience with the Cell phone era.Which one should I upgrade to?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Jugarina

Member Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Both are good choices. If you want the slide out keyboard instead of the touch screen only keyboard then you know what to do. I myself have to have the slide out keyboard to even consider a phone, I can't stand the touch screen only ones.

I have heard many good things about the HTC EVo though so If you can live without the slide out keyboard the EVo would be a better choice in terms of the amount of things you can do with It.

Myself, I have a Samsung phone that has the slide out keyboard similar to the Epic and I like It very much.

3. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Personally, I would go for the HTC phone (even though it's virtually the same as my HTC Desire HD). I've had a keyboard phone (G1) and the DHD is virtual only, but I've gotten used to speed typing on it and relying on the auto-correct (which gets more accurate the more I use it) to fix any mistakes.

It depends on how much you value a tactile keyboard (which, I might add, usually makes the phone more bulky).

4. Princess Rozalin
    OP

United States
    I see ok Thanks for the advice Originality

@N.M. ZERO B.C.: Don't really use a Keyboard much i'm mostly into the Touchscreen Era but I do Text a lot my friends.

5. Jugarina

Member Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you are sending out many text messages your gonna want that keyboard If your phone is the only way you send text out. Another reason I don't like to text on a touch screen is finger prints that get all over the screen, I can't stand that and would be constantly wiping the phone off a hundred times a day and would probably have a nervous breakdown If I had to deal with that. The keyboards are nice because they are accurate and fast and are back lit also for text in the dark. There are some phones models that are like the HTC but have the option of adding a removable keyboard sold separately and that could be the answer If you wanted the bigger screen phones that are thinner and more advanced.

6. Princess Rozalin
    OP

United States
    Really? I never heard of a removable keyboard...

How big is it though? Anyways I think I decided on a HTC though

7. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    HTC is good, but you should make sure it's rootable first [​IMG]

8. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    HTC Evo 4G is definitely rootable. I'd also get the HTC phone, they tend to have higher quality builds.

9. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    just throwing this in there, the HTC Evo 3d, with much superior hardware to the evo 4g, will be coming "this summer", so you should probably hold off until that, as it will probably be the de facto phone on sprint for a while (i'm guessing a year or so)

10. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Not got that particular HTC phone - but got the Desire HD...

One thing I have noticed on the Desire HD but not sure about the EVO - is that the external speaker can sound a little 'tinny' & that the [so called] loudest volume level (for ringtones etc) isn't that very loud (especially if you're in a noisy enviroment).. I believe this is more of a hardware thing than a software porblem
    - the EVO MAY have a better speaker than the Desire HD

(There is apparently a Firmware ROM that can increase this level - but you'll need to 'fully root' the phone - something I'm not willing to do just yet, as I've only had the phone for ~month)

11. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    HTC phones have been known for a bit of a 'tinny' sound, but it's usually noticeable only when used to record videos. The Desire HD has been noted by critics for a rather sub-par speaker; other HTC devices fare better.

12. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    For virtual keyboard options, you could use Swype. I use it for the majority of the time and the beta program where you can sign up and get it for free is still open. It's fine for me, and I'm not bothered about not having an hardware keyboard. Not to say I wouldn't use one if I had one, but I can function easily without one, as any phones before touch sensitive ones I've had used a 12 key keypad anyway.

13. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    there's also the htc desire Z if you really want the slide out keyboard