Hacking Unsoftmoddable Wii

bubsexton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had 6 of the LU64 wiis fail on me over a 2 day span and I have done more than 50 mods for various people and never seen a problem like this. Almost everything gets a black screen and wont load. And if it does load it will give errors like region changer for example. Only thing that acts like it is working is customer wad manager. Evene then Custom WM will not install the needed ios's offline and I got an error on every single one. That how bad it is.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what I can tell, I think it is blocking the setuid(0) command (remove that "user id") that we all use to get full access to the wii, no matter WHAT IOS we are on. This is just a guess, but it would explain it...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wich IOS are failling to install..?? cause you only need IOS30.wad and SysMenu.wad to get it downgraded....!!!
smile.gif

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
From what I can tell, I think it is blocking the setuid(0) command (remove that "user id") that we all use to get full access to the wii, no matter WHAT IOS we are on. This is just a guess, but it would explain it...

Does WadManager 1.3 use setuid(0) when you use it to install IOS16? Does Custom Wad Manager use setuid(0) when you use it to install cIOS?

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cIOS uses it by default IIRC, and Custom WAD Manager uses it to install WADs (to get the permissions necessary). This is just a theory, but it might be it. Would explain ATD/ARC screwing up too, as I am SURE those use it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
wich IOS are failling to install..?? cause you only need IOS30.wad and SysMenu.wad to get it downgraded....!!!
smile.gif

Are you able to overwrite an IOS on your Wii with IOS16 Wad Manager? Don't try this with IOS30. I think i remember it doesn't work, which is why all guide have the cIOS in them.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
ether2802 said:
smile.gif

Are you able to overwrite an IOS on your Wii with IOS16 Wad Manager? Don't try this with IOS30. I think i remember it doesn't work, which is why all guide have the cIOS in them.

right thats why the cios was there because it wouldn't overwrite the ios's when installing unless your Wad Manager was loaded off a CIOS, which is blocked right now
wacko.gif
this is true when downgrading that way

adidas77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just tried it and step one works, but when I get to step two I'm getting an error : Identifying as the system menu failed. press Home to exit. Tried to skip to step three but getting and error -2011 when I try to load CIOS36.WAD.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
cIOS uses it by default IIRC, and Custom WAD Manager uses it to install WADs (to get the permissions necessary). This is just a theory, but it might be it. Would explain ATD/ARC screwing up too, as I am SURE those use it.

If Custom WAD Manager uses it then it must not be blocked entirely. There's more to it than meets the eye I think...

unsure.gif

bellevillerc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
icefireicefire said:
Try this:
[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?ijm4mzmtm5f]http://www.mediafire.com/?ijm4mzmtm5f[/url]

Run from HBC "one", then "two", then "three". In "three", install "cIOS36.wad" and then reboot to the HBC. Then, try using AnyRegion Changer to install 3.2. Please report working or not.

Same here.... I just tried it, and....

Step one works, but when I get to step two I'm getting an error : Identifying as the system menu failed. press Home to exit

Posts merged

QUOTE(icefireicefire @ Mar 20 2009, 03:56 PM) Try this:
[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?ijm4mzmtm5f]http://www.mediafire.com/?ijm4mzmtm5f[/url]

Run from HBC "one", then "two", then "three". In "three", install "cIOS36.wad" and then reboot to the HBC. Then, try using AnyRegion Changer to install 3.2. Please report working or not.

Same here.... I just tried it, and....

Step one works, but when I get to step two I'm getting an error : Identifying as the system menu failed. press Home to exit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto